New bike

Bike Chat only please
wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

New bike

Post by wizzard » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:27 pm

Went tyre kicking today and guess what , another Harley followed me home. A 2008 Nightster (1200 Sportster) with 14k miles from new and a bootload of Harley accessories into the bargain. Its the quickest Sportster I've ever ridden (its tweaked) and was very stable at 1** kph (figures withheld to protect licence). Some cosmetics required , and it UK plated , so that will be fun. Anyone done a similar aged Harley recently?

Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

Cornishman
France

New bike

Post by Cornishman » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:57 am

icon_Fete2
It’s good to see that life goes on.
I know someone who thinks he’s pretty good at custom spray jobs if you want his advice. :)
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

New bike

Post by wizzard » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:20 pm

It needs a lot of TLC as its spent most of its life in the UK. Mechanically perfect though. Registering will be the usual fun - I have standard pipes ready to fit, but I dont want to have to remove the Stage One kit. I thought the headlight would be flat, but it dips to the left, so that will need to be changed.

ChrisD
France

New bike

Post by ChrisD » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:05 am

Well done Graham, look forward to seeing it.
UTC

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

New bike

Post by wizzard » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:12 am

Might have to be quick Chris. Its not officially on the road at the moment , and I need to start getting it registered, but when thats done and all the cosmetic work/painting/etc is done , it will probably be up for sale again. Certainly, I want it french registered before October in case it ceases to be possible after that.

ShovelHead
Great Britain

New bike

Post by ShovelHead » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:03 pm

HI
CONGRATS ON A N OTHER PROJECT when i was in Germany there was a sportster done like a 60s cafe racer
alloy tanck rearsets clipons and the small manx seat alloy wheels ect best of luck with the project

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

New bike

Post by wizzard » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:40 pm

Good idea, but its in such good nick I'm just going to refresh the cosmetics for now, and return it to stock to get it registered. I visited the Harley dealer for the list of changes - stage 1 kit removed, loud pipes removed , new headlight, grabstrap on the double seat. The Hagon shocks are OK. When that lot is done (will need to get new exhaust gaskets and the headlight has been ordered from Big Jacks) - I taken to the dealer , he takes pics to prove its stock, I give him 150 euros, then its onto the Ants system.

Hippy
France

New bike

Post by Hippy » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:35 pm

I have just registered a HD through Ants without any inspection/ letter from a dealer, it might be worth trying first before removing it all and paying out 150€
Gary

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

New bike

Post by wizzard » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:00 pm

Hippy wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:35 pm
I have just registered a HD through Ants without any inspection/ letter from a dealer, it might be worth trying first before removing it all and paying out 150€
Gary
Thats interesting - did you have a CoC, what year is the HD - any more info would be great.
Did you have insurance, or were you asked for it?

Cheers, Wizz

Hippy
France

New bike

Post by Hippy » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:40 pm

I used my Ants for a friend who couldn't get access, Coc, UK reg, 2018, bill of sale, ID, EDF bill, and a form to allow me to do it on his behalf (cant remember the number), submitted and waited about 3 weeks and then was asked for Insurance cert and driving license and then the next day payment. :lol:

I think it was 2cvandy who said he had registered a HD without the need for a dealer, so I tried and it worked!