The closure of BCFr,

This forum is for members to post IMPORTANT news items and announcements.
Forum rules
This forum is for members to place important news and announcements. General interest or Bike related chat should please be posted in their relevant sections.
Dragon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wales

The closure of BCFr,

Post by Dragon » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:18 pm

It is with great regret that the admin team here at BCF must announce the closure of the site, with effect from 21/07/2019

There are two main reasons for BCF closing down:

1. Some time ago the Admin team posted a message regarding the funding of the Forum, and a few members did make donations, which we thank you for. Previous research showed that our members valued the benefits offered by the Forum and wished it to continue. As our members are aware, the benefits of the Forum are provided free of charge to all (members and visitors alike). However there are essential costs associated with the running of the Forum- a monthly fee of 20 dollars and an annual fee of 86 dollars. These costs have always been met by voluntary contributions, but the current balance sheet indicates the recent level of donations is insufficient to continue going forward.
2. For years the Forum has been a place for lively chat about bikes, touring , registering bikes, and a 101 other subjects , many not even connected with bikes. Lasting friendships were created, with regular meets for chats, drinks or a communal falling of very tall bikes into very deep mud. However, over the last year the posts have diminished to a very low level, and usually between the same members. Without lively discussions the Forum cannot exist as it will not be attractive to new members, and new members are the lifeblood of any group, and with, of course less opportunity for essential donations.

We would like to thank all members of the Admin team , past and present for their work, Mitch who runs the site for us, and of course the hundreds of members who over the years have made the Forum a success.

Finally, we can confirm that our Facebook page will continue as per normal. There is an admin team in place for this, but if anyone else would like to take a spell carrying out this simple task, please contact us asap. many thanks.....the Admin and the Moderator teams,

We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. we have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything ....................with nothing,

SteveWalsh
France

The closure of BCFr,

Post by SteveWalsh » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:40 am

Sorry to see it close down, Thanks to all of you that have put your time and effort in to keeping it going.
See you on FB

All the best for the future to all you members, Admins and Mods

Bon Route icon_thanks

divimike
Great Britain

The closure of BCFr,

Post by divimike » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:28 am

I am really sorry to see this news. I have contributed each year to cover a couple of months costs. I wonder why others do not! It will be a sad loss especially as we have seen a bit more correspondence over the last few months.
Thanks to the admin team for your work.

papasmurf
Great Britain

The closure of BCFr,

Post by papasmurf » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:29 am

Cornishman
France

The closure of BCFr,

Post by Cornishman » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:01 am

divimike wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:28 am
I am really sorry to see this news. I have contributed each year to cover a couple of months costs. I wonder why others do not! It will be a sad loss especially as we have seen a bit more correspondence over the last few months.
We are well aware of those members who have done a lot to keep the club site going both by donating and, equally importantly, by posting regularly and keeping the site alive. We have tried over the years to keep BCF going and, believe me, we have not just decided to throw in the towel at the first hurdle we’ve reached, we’ve jumped quite a few on the way, but this time the decision was pretty straightforward. Hopefully the club will continue on Facebook and those members who want to keep in touch, share experiences or ask questions will be able to do so. Personally I believe that we’re just going with the flow as in my area FB has been the way that groups of bikers communicate for several years now and people who have drifted away from BCF have often joined a local FB site instead. I know FB doesn’t suit all our members but it seems to be the the best option for now.
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

papasmurf
Great Britain

The closure of BCFr,

Post by papasmurf » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:06 am

It is the Summer, people are out on the motorcycles which is accounts for the few contributions cuurently.
As for Farcebook for reasons of personal security I will not and never will use it.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

The closure of BCFr,

Post by wizzard » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:06 am

SteveWalsh wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:40 am
Sorry to see it close down, Thanks to all of you that have put your time and effort in to keeping it going.
See you on FB

All the best for the future to all you members, Admins and Mods

Bon Route icon_thanks
Thanks Steve.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

ChrisD
France

The closure of BCFr,

Post by ChrisD » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:11 am

papasmurf wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:06 am
It is the Summer, people are out on the motorcycles which is accounts for the few contributions cuurently.
The old BCFr was more busy in the summer with plenty of cafe meets, camping trips and subsequent reports and pics. Alas, not now.
UTC

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

The closure of BCFr,

Post by wizzard » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:11 am

divimike wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:28 am
Unfortunately Mike, many of the posts related to getting bikes registered, and once that had been achieved, there were no new posts from many of these new members. Sad , but people seem to like the "quick hit" chat format of Facebook nowadays.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

SimonW
Donator
Donator
France

The closure of BCFr,

Post by SimonW » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:56 pm

It's a great shame to see the site is closing, though I can fully understand the reasons. Thanks to the admins for all they have done to keep it going this long.

icon_thanks