motorcycle breakers

Excluding Registering / Importing which has its own section.
coeurdelion
France

motorcycle breakers

Post by coeurdelion » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:49 am

Hi members,looking for a recommendation for a motorcycle breakers,after a conversation with my insurance company it turns out that if my 1994 Yamaha Sr250 cafe racer build was French registered that they would insure it with different seat,tank lights etc as long as the engine and frame remain the same,as I can't seem to be able to get a coc as its a UK bike I am looking at buying either a French frame or even complete bike if cheap enough and just swap everything over from the UK one,unless of course anyone knows where I can acquire a coc,I know they didn't exist before 1996 but when I bought a Suzuki GT750A 1976 model it came with one !!!!!!!! Strange Thanks coeurdelion

Andrew
New Zealand

motorcycle breakers

Post by Andrew » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:00 pm

No recommendations but there are online sites that allow you to search/request parts (search for 'moto casse') In my experience, whilst not having actually bought anything that way, they do tend to be a tad more expensive. Still, beggars and choosers etc.

I have bought parts via leboncoin and ebay.fr though. Just search for the make/model and see who's breaking one, you may then need to contact them to see if they have the part(s) you need. Or sometimes they list the parts they have. On leboncoin particularly they tend to advertise just that they are breaking a bike in the main motos section (and not always in accessories) - the bike itself being advertised at a silly low price, £50 or somesuch. They may then list the individual prices of some parts, or all of them, or maybe none at all!

I bought a number of bits when registering my Deauville here, mainly through leboncoin, and found that both patience and perseverance are key! But I got there. Bonne chance!

coeurdelion
France

motorcycle breakers

Post by coeurdelion » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:44 pm

Thanks for the reply Andrew,look on leboncoin regular but only a few yamaha Sr 250 on and all over €1000 ,was one at €400 but didn't have a carte gris.It amazes me how little there is on eBay .fr motorbike wise,tried searching before for bikes but no luck,as you say patience is a virtue,been here 16 yrs now so got the hang if not rushing to the post box when the little yellow van pulls up !!!!Will keep looking,no rush yet as the cafe racer is a work in progress Cheers coeurdelion

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

motorcycle breakers

Post by wizzard » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:30 am

The French dont tend to use ebay in the same way as brits for 2nd hand stuff - they prefer leboncoin. Its the same with Paypal, its only in recent years I've seen more people using it - they traditionaly prefer cheques. Suits me as I dont like ebay, dont have Paypal - but I've been selling and buying stuff on LBC for 13 years with virtually no problems - unlike recently when I bought something in the uk and the guy didnt post it. Turned out there was a group of us who had been scammed by the same 18 year old chancer - eventually got the stuff sent out after explaining about the brotherhood of backpatch bikers!
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

coeurdelion
France

motorcycle breakers

Post by coeurdelion » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:51 am

Thanks for the reply wizzard,kept thinking my sausage fingers were typing the wrong words on French ebay but as you say they don't seem to like it as much as us Brits
Glad you got your goods from the chancer,there's a lot about these days and unfortunately honest ,trusting people fall for it,always handy to have ,as my late father called it "a bit of clout" behind you when these things happen and sounds like the brotherhood has plenty,it's not what you know it's who you know and how big your stick is that you hit them with icon_smackbottom coeurdelion