New member in Tarn et Garonne, Midi Pyrenees

New Members need to make their 1st POST, as a NEW TOPIC here, to fully activate their membership. Please make them feel welcome, we were all new here at one time.
wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Post by wizzard » Sat May 04, 2019 8:33 am

coeurdelion wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:12 pm
wizzard wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:04 am
icon_welcom from the Haute Vienne. I've used FFVE lots - nowadays they are a bit slow, but you can insure your bike and use it while its in the process.
So Could I get the UK plated kettle on the road while FFVE sort my application? coeurdelion
Cant see why not - as long as its standard , 30 years old, and likely to go throuh the system ok I would go for it.

Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

coeurdelion
France

Post by coeurdelion » Sat May 04, 2019 4:40 pm

Hi Wizzard ,thanks for the reply,going to concentrate on getting it through FFVE first and try to get the paint done in the meantime.Need to get cracked on with my cafe racer as well so in the meantime my search for a GSXR will continue but still looking at the big trail super tenere,bmw gs type all weather routers but at the moment don't have time to go touring just a few hour blast,decisions decisions.coeurdelion icon_yo

IzzyOzzie
Australia

Post by IzzyOzzie » Tue May 07, 2019 12:03 pm

Hello and thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to welcome me and give advice about my Ducati rego and transport questions. I am a novice forum user so please bare with me. Its great to have an English language resource in France because you can feel pretty isolated and frustrated if you don't speak French. I get by but improving my French skills is on the agenda for this summer in Varen. Regarding the Ducati, in the end I have decided to ship the bike back to Australia so I will have it for most of the year at home. However, your advice could still prove useful so thanks again. I will not be bikeless as I said in my intro I have shipped my 2005 R1200GS to Felixstowe in England where we will pick it up to travel to the Tarn-et-Garonne. It will be interesting to see how Pauline (my wife) and I manage two up as we haven't done much of that since the seventies! The bike will be our only transport although we have thought of buying a car so the French system advice could still be handy. We mostly plan to stay around Varen but will definitely do some multi day trips radiating out from there. Gary, if you want to catch up in Varen we will be there from early June. We just have to work out how to connect. Maybe through the forum? Our house does not have a street address and yet people find it! Its a bit like life before mobile phones, how did people find each other? Cheers, Bob

ChrisD
France

Post by ChrisD » Tue May 07, 2019 7:20 pm

Have you sorted your route and planned stops yet? We have a mate who runs a biker BnB north of Limoges on the N147 called Motobreaks which is always worth a visit. It all depends on your route though. Motobreaks Link
UTC

divimike
Great Britain

Post by divimike » Wed May 08, 2019 1:58 pm

icon_yo Bob, welcome to great riding roads. We go two up all the time, and get out and about during summer to many areas. We are about 180 Kms from you, down near the Med'. If you decide a trip to the sea is something you would like to take on, we do have a space for visiting bikers.
Enjoy your time en France and stay shiny side up. icon_thumbup
Mike and Christine

Hippy
France

Post by Hippy » Thu May 09, 2019 7:13 am

Hi Bob, I've sent you a PM