Lot/Dordogne Newbie

New Members need to make their 1st POST, as a NEW TOPIC here, to fully activate their membership. Please make them feel welcome, we were all new here at one time.
computerandy
England

Lot/Dordogne Newbie

Post by computerandy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi Gang,
I have a maison secondaire in the northern Lot region. Have been riding for 40 years. I have the following bikes Triumph Sprint GT for distance work, Triumph Street Twin for my daily hack here in the UK, and at my house in France a RE Himalayan. Haven't green laned for 30 years, hence the Hima, a great shopping hack with some off road.
I am hoping to be made redundant April 2020 so I can retire to France (if Brexit doesn't completely f*** us over).
Looking for contacts/friends in the ex-pat community, I have some good french friends but looking to expand. For rides, a bit of laning and general lifestyle.
I am about 20mins south of Sarlat.
Look forward to hearing from you all.
Cheers
Andy

Andy
Computer Andy - IT support you can trust

Dragon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wales

Lot/Dordogne Newbie

Post by Dragon » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:16 pm

Hi and welcome to BCFr Andy, icon_welcom icon_welcom got you on here at last, good luck with finding new friends on here, lots of info and our members know a bit of everything and a lot more to boot, icon_thumbup what part of the UK do you come from and what do you do for a living...……...Dragon.
We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. we have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything ....................with nothing,

computerandy
England

Lot/Dordogne Newbie

Post by computerandy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:32 pm

Hi all
I'm from the South of England, Hastings born & bred. I have dreamed of my own place in France since touring with my parents in the 70's. Seriously started on the masterplan around '89. Three phases, get the money, get he house and get the time. Phases 1 & 2 complewte just working on phase 3. :-)
My background is 37+ years in IT, Although I hope to be pensioned off by the council here I am not looking to stop working. I will have the bread 'n' butter paid for but will need extra for the luxuries. Talking to a few ex-pats my way I am hoping to provide an IT service to ex-pats, a native English speaker, ex-localgov, who can be trusted to keep their computers, laptops, tablets & phones in good, secure condition. Whilst riding around good, quiet roads, eating crap food, drinking crap wine, in the sunshine. I am hoping this working model of hell come true!
On a serious note, the knees are starting to suffer from my youthful enthusiasm riding bikes horizontally. It took me a couple of years to calm down and stay upright lol.
Anyway that wasn't meant to be a sales pitch, but would love to meet up with other like minded people and trades so we can mutually benefit.
Let me know if you need any more info?
Andy
Andy

computerandy
England

Lot/Dordogne Newbie

Post by computerandy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:47 pm

Hi Dragon
I feel there could be a bit of Rugby banter here?
Roll on the world Cup :D
Andy
Andy

Dragon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wales

Lot/Dordogne Newbie

Post by Dragon » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:53 pm

We do have a Rugby whoohoo section, as well as a football whoohoo section on here, football wise....I follow Wrexham because I am from North Wales and Cambridge united because I was a steward there for 17 years, as for Rugby....well im still gloating after the 6 nations, icon_Wales
We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. we have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything ....................with nothing,

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Lot/Dordogne Newbie

Post by wizzard » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:07 pm

icon_welcom from the Haute Vienne
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

computerandy
England

Lot/Dordogne Newbie

Post by computerandy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:21 pm

Sorry guys, don't do round balls so clueless on the football front.
As for rugger, I'm a Quins man here, Brive en France, as well a local team Gourdon.
As for 6 nations, I'm sure you buggers will be singing in the valley's until the world cup lol :-)
Andy

Andrew
New Zealand

Lot/Dordogne Newbie

Post by Andrew » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:10 pm

icon_Hi ya!

Hello Andy, I'm ex IT as well, an analyst/programmer in the private sector. All a long time ago now and I doubt I'd get a job today as my skills are well out of date. That's the nature of game though innit? Not that I'm bothered tbh - been there, done that and I don't want to play that game anymore!

Speaking of games, FWIW, I follow both the round and the oval ball. Being UK born and NZ raised saw to that.

computerandy
England

Lot/Dordogne Newbie

Post by computerandy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:46 pm

Hi Guys
Thanks fro the welcome.
Haven't quite figured out how to respond to individual posts yet, but thanks for the enthusiastic welcome.
So cheers to Dragon, Wizzard and the other IT Andrew ( I forgive you for the All Blacks connection :-)) Lol
Off to keep the wife happy.
Cheers Andy
Andy

SimonW
Donator
Donator
France

Lot/Dordogne Newbie

Post by SimonW » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:14 pm

Hi Andy, and icon_welcom from an ex-council IT bod ! I got offered early retirement by SurreyCC a couple of years ago, and jumped at the chance to move here to the Gard. Good luck with your retirement plans! Simon