Gloves

Bike Chat only please
wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Gloves

Post by wizzard » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:08 am

I spotted an article in today's Populaire about a course for bikers run as alternative to points for offenses classed as minor, the majority of attendees having been caught with non conforming gloves ( all of mine are non conforming despite being BMW or Dianese) or broken indicator lenses. This is in the Limousin, so they are apparently doing people under the glove law - this is the first I've heard of it. icon_naughty

Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

ShovelHead
Great Britain

Gloves

Post by ShovelHead » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:36 pm

HI
This must be the start(the thin end of the wedge) ive been looking at some gloves on the internet the prices are from 40 euro to
100+ when you see some people on the scooters young kids this is is alot of euros
never mind summer is coming so you can ride your bikes in a thong and flip-flops but you must have a CE conformity helmet
and gloves and you will not be pulled up

ChrisD
France

Gloves

Post by ChrisD » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:42 am

Thanks for the warning Wizz icon_thumbup
UTC

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Gloves

Post by wizzard » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:02 am

I'm still not going to buy ne gloves just to get a label, although I've stopped wearing my genuine rodeo rider gloves (despite them being thick leather) as they would be easy to spot by the cops.

FrancisBarnett
France

Gloves

Post by FrancisBarnett » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:39 am

Lidl were flogging motorcycle gloves a few weeks ago for about €24 - all were labelled as conforming, looking at them I didn't think the protection was up to much compared to my current non-conforming (but labelled as conforming) glove collection.
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.

Andrew
New Zealand

Gloves

Post by Andrew » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:07 pm

I've just checked every single pair of gloves that I have and not one pair is CE marked. They're hardly cheapo gloves either, decent makes - Rukka, Heine Gerrike, Dianese, Alpinestars, Frank Thomas...

I'm with wizard; I'm not buying new gloves just for a CE label. I'll take the risk.

FrancisBarnett
France

Gloves

Post by FrancisBarnett » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:55 pm

Frank Thomas? :lol:
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Gloves

Post by wizzard » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:09 pm

Bought 2 pairs of gloves today from a mate - 8 euros the pair - one pair modern for the g/f (no CE mark) and one old pair of gauntlets for me to go with my Gold Top Tropht police boots - lovely jubbly.

Andrew
New Zealand

Gloves

Post by Andrew » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:58 am

FrancisBarnett wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:55 pm
Frank Thomas? :lol:
You've reminded me of the mirth that the name induced. I'd forgotten all about it!

My experience extends only to their gloves, of which I have several pair. One, a winter glove, I particularly like. And these are gloves I've had for 20+ years (cripes, is it that long already!?) admittedly not in daily use, but that must say something about their quality. I have no experience of their other gear but, as I say, remember the jokes of the time.

I was a sucker for gloves. Perhaps not quite as Imelda Marcos was for shoes but suffice to say that I'd always go through the sale bins at the MCN bike shows etc. There used to be some cheap and iffy looking stuff but FT gloves struck me as looking well made and fit for purpose. That said, I'm sure I've binned a few pair over the years as I don't now have the number I recall buying!

ChrisD
France

Gloves

Post by ChrisD » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:05 am

eBay.fr can be used to buy the CE labels with the little moto on them.
UTC