Yamaha Super Tenere - what do people know about them?

Bike Chat only please
elv
Great Britain

Post by elv » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:34 pm

I'm thinking more of the nineties version rather that the re-issue in 2010. In lieu of the approaching sh**storm of trying to register my two Honda's (one grey import), which isn't going to be solved anytime soon, I'm thinking of getting something else to run about on for the interim. Anybody owned one or has any knowledge of them?

icon_thanks

Yes there are two paths you can go down, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on...

Cornishman
France

Post by Cornishman » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:01 pm

I can’t help with the Yamaha but don’t give up on the grey import. It really should be straightforward through FFVE.
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

ChrisD
France

Post by ChrisD » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:30 pm

I used to have one of the old 750 Africa V Twins which was a great bike, the Tenere is held in the same esteem but can be picked up much cheaper.

MCN Article
UTC

FrancisBarnett
France

Post by FrancisBarnett » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:14 am

The gendarme mobile brigades use some super teneres up our way, if that's any sort of recommendation.
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.

elv
Great Britain

Post by elv » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:45 pm

ChrisD wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:30 pm
I used to have one of the old 750 Africa V Twins which was a great bike, the Tenere is held in the same esteem but can be picked up much cheaper.

MCN Article
ChrisD wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:30 pm

MCN Article
There is a Yammy Super Tenere for sale near me. Looks like a straight bike and 1000 euros - £850! Might just be worth a punt for that...
Yes there are two paths you can go down, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on...