English Harley in france

This section is split into the following subsections :- Biking related help/advice;Bike related chat; Bike related legal chat/advice;Registering/Importing bikes into France; Bike Tech.
Karlos
France

English Harley in france

Post by Karlos » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:41 am

icon_Hi ya! Could anybody tell me how complicated it is to get a UK spec Harley registered in France. What is required other than COC , kilometers on Speedo?? All advice gratefully received. Thanks also Gary for your input.
icon_thanks

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

English Harley in france

Post by wizzard » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:35 am

What year and model is it, and is it modified from stock?
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

ShovelHead
Great Britain

English Harley in france

Post by ShovelHead » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:43 pm

HI
As wizzerd says what year and what modifications also the reseight from where you bought it,
i got my 79 shovel head registered over here

2cvandy
Donator
Donator
France

English Harley in france

Post by 2cvandy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:52 pm

If it's new enough to have a CoC it shouldn't be a problem.
I've brought over 3 Harleys, one was older so needed an Attestation from HD France, the other two I did with a UK CoC.
With the Attestation I had to change the headlight (the speedo had KPH as well as MPH so was okay). The UK CoC s were accepted, so no changes needed to the bikes.
I've no idea if Brexit will make any difference though ? I'd certainly get the Quitus Fiscale sorted out before then.
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than ride a fast bike slow,,,,,,,,,,,,,, icon_moped

Jamstealer
France

English Harley in france

Post by Jamstealer » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:10 pm

On the subject of registration of U.K. vehicles post-Brexit; latest I got in Brussels last week was
In the case of a “ deal”;
1. Nothing will change during the transition period ( probably)
2. After that, it depends what the deal covers; but U.K. CoCs probably won’t becrecognised, so all vehicles will need a CoC issued in an EU country.
3. If U.K. agrees to align with EU VAT then the system of the Quittus may continue .
In the case of no deal; everything may stop dead and U.K. reverts to 3rd countryvstarus and it becomes the same as importing a vehicle from outside EU (eg US, Australia). Which might include import tax .
Currently the ANTS System seems to be working smoothly; I have just used my ANTS account to register 2 cars and a bike for someone and it was all completed in 10 days.
(The bike was a HD, First registered in UK in 2013 with a UK CoC; the system didn’t ask for any attestation for the speedo or the headlight ).

Hippy
France

English Harley in france

Post by Hippy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:14 pm

2cvandy wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:52 pm
I've no idea if Brexit will make any difference though ? I'd certainly get the Quitus Fiscale sorted out before then.
I think that could be very important.

Karlos
France

English Harley in france

Post by Karlos » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:59 pm

Hi all thanks very much for info and sorry late getting back. The Harley I have purchased in UK , it is a 2016 breakout . I have sent some pics to Toulouse HD and they have told me air filter pipes and side number plate need to be changed. I will have UK COC and a Harley bill of sale, I will try the ANTS system and hopefully get the grey card like that , without the need of a visual inspection by Harley. I would like to get bike customised back in UK after registration here , as don't really want two trips back to UK 🙄

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

English Harley in france

Post by wizzard » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:00 pm

Karlos wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:59 pm
Hi all thanks very much for info and sorry late getting back. The Harley I have purchased in UK , it is a 2016 breakout . I have sent some pics to Toulouse HD and they have told me air filter pipes and side number plate need to be changed. I will have UK COC and a Harley bill of sale, I will try the ANTS system and hopefully get the grey card like that , without the need of a visual inspection by Harley. I would like to get bike customised back in UK after registration here , as don't really want two trips back to UK 🙄
The Breakout shouldnt be a problem when you get the dealer certificate. As for future mods, I would suggest making sure any mods can be easily reversed, so that when a bike CT comes into force in the future you can switch the parts back.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

2cvandy
Donator
Donator
France

English Harley in france

Post by 2cvandy » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:24 pm

Karlos wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:59 pm
I will have UK COC and a Harley bill of sale, I will try the ANTS system and hopefully get the grey card like that
It shouldn't be a problem,
I've done two Harleys and an Enfield with UK CoC without any need for inspection.
I'd get that quitus fiscale asap though, who knows when (or if) things will change.
bon chance
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than ride a fast bike slow,,,,,,,,,,,,,, icon_moped

Karlos
France

English Harley in france

Post by Karlos » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:22 am

Thanks , yeh all mods will be bolt on , plug and play. I have even bought a set of standard pipes just in case CT is brought in. I am going to get QF as soon as I get log book through and bill of sale.