Driving licence latest

The place to share what you've learnt or ask for advice from others
msdmjb
Scotland

Driving licence latest

Post by msdmjb » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:39 am

Ahem I have had quite a few low points value 'bonus points' and only ever pay my fine online with my UK credit card.
All times caught in French registered vehicles and never seen anything suggesting I needed to exchange my licence.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Driving licence latest

Post by wizzard » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:46 am

I got done for overtaking on a solid white line a few years ago. The cop said it was 4 points so I had to get my french licence. We debated the points so he checked an found it was 3 points, so didnt have to swap.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

Jamstealer
France

Driving licence latest

Post by Jamstealer » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:02 pm

They never bothered with anything less than 3 points.

coeurdelion
France

Driving licence latest

Post by coeurdelion » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:57 pm

I heard through the grapevine or maybe it was a urban myth that if you had a UK licence and received points and just paid the fine that when you got a French licence you got the points,would have found out if they hadn't suspended the exchange as I got a speeding fine €90 about 12 yrs ago,had french plates,French address ,UK licence,my mate said just pay the fine which I did and heard nothing since.
Like I say I am probably wrong but when this brexit lark is over and I get the licence exchange I will let you know.coeurdelion

Jamstealer
France

Driving licence latest

Post by Jamstealer » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:18 pm

Urban myth.
Simple as that.
Anyway, in the case of your fine 12 years ago, the points would have expired 9 years ago, anyway.

Andrew
New Zealand

Driving licence latest

Post by Andrew » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:01 pm

It didn't happen to me. I had a couple of low points fines before swapping my UK licence for a French one (this was a few years back now) I paid the fines but there was no mention of it when I swapped licences. It's probably only about the money anyway, certainly at that end of the scale, so long as you pay up it's end of story.

coeurdelion
France

Driving licence latest

Post by coeurdelion » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:45 am

Thanks for the replies jamstealer and Andrew,urban myths are wonderful,it always starts my mate said or a friend of mine !!!!!,I did hear a while ago that a fat bearded bloke dressed in red came down your chimney and left you gifts around December time,he still visits my children and granddaughter but is definitely a urban myth in my house !!!!!!!coeurdelion icon_boohoo