Mayan's MC

ChrisD
France

Mayan's MC

Post by ChrisD » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:21 pm

I never saw Sons of Anarchy but being a sucker for most motorbike related stuff I thought I#d try this. The bikes the MC have seem so unlikely, not a rat bike in sight, a few really tricked out choppers but mostly fully faired Electra Glide type bikes (I'm not well up on the HD models). Have USA biker gangs moved up in the world?

UTC

ShovelHead
Great Britain

Mayan's MC

Post by ShovelHead » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:21 am

Hi after watching a few news programs on bike gangs in America and Australia it looks to me as most of the bikes are Harley Davidsons
and stock bikes maybe a few bobers , not like the images of the 70s I be-leave the Hells Angels only ride HDS
A good movie to watch is the LOVELESS,set in the 50s and staring Daniel Defoe , and there is always girl on a motorcycle for a laugh.

papasmurf
Great Britain

Mayan's MC

Post by papasmurf » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:04 am

HA is a subject I wish to comment about much on an internet forum. But I had a good laugh at Sons of Anarchy. I have yet to watch Mayans.

I have had some strange moments with HA though. Like one HA president who looks like a cross between Chewbacca and Catweazel dressed by Oxfam
Giving me a biker handshake, a big hug and an enthusiastic welcome a rally with a lot of other HA presidents nearby. (That seemed so scare them as they did not know who I was.)
I have had several similar instances. (I am nothing to do with any HA group.)

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Scotland

Mayan's MC

Post by wizzard » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:34 am

In SoA there were a couple of groups riding full dressers, and most of the SoA guys were on Harley Dyna's to strat with, but later sometimes used dressers too. I go to a few serious MC meets per year. Of course the majority of guys ride Harleys, buy there are some who appear on Indians too, and a few Jap customs. The days of MC guys running about on ratty home made chops , built from whateer was lying around , are lon gone.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Scotland

Mayan's MC

Post by wizzard » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:00 am

I should have said, my MC is mainly Harleys , but some of the young guys prefer roadster styled bikes - Ducati Monster, Triumph - maybe things will change , slowly. But if I turn up on my Honda cafe racer, I get a lot of stick!

ChrisD
France

Mayan's MC

Post by ChrisD » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:47 pm

I live and learn.
ps. that café racer is way cooler than a stock HD. icon_yo
UTC

coeurdelion
France

Mayan's MC

Post by coeurdelion » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:57 am

On the subject of HA and what they now ride ,I used to do a few demo runs at the bull dog bash meetings back in England in Sratford upon Avon ,most of the main men I knew all had top of the range Harleys ,they ran the meetings supplying booze and entertainment like a business and made a lot of money doing it,they even policed it themselves and we never saw any trouble or had anything stolen.
I think the days of the cobbled together HA choppers are long gone unfortunately and nothing like samcrow or mayens on the tv but that's only my opinion and no doubt if there's any brothers on here they will correct me . coeurdelion

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Scotland

Mayan's MC

Post by wizzard » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:55 am

coeurdelion wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:57 am
On the subject of HA and what they now ride ,I used to do a few demo runs at the bull dog bash meetings back in England in Sratford upon Avon ,most of the main men I knew all had top of the range Harleys ,they ran the meetings supplying booze and entertainment like a business and made a lot of money doing it,they even policed it themselves and we never saw any trouble or had anything stolen.
I think the days of the cobbled together HA choppers are long gone unfortunately and nothing like samcrow or mayens on the tv but that's only my opinion and no doubt if there's any brothers on here they will correct me . coeurdelion
The big shows here are run by the bid MCs eg Motilivet = Outlaws. Perfect organisation, they police it themselves, great value for money, and never seen one bit of trouble in all the years I've been going. In fact I've never seen any trouble or thefts since I started going to shows here 12 years ago. Most MC guys are running mildly modded Harleys , Sporties, Dynas, Road Kings - the Niglos ( travellers MC ) run the most over the top dressers you have ever seen, and even bring their own mobile disco / club to the big events, in a similarly OTT artic truck.

kitcarman
England

Mayan's MC

Post by kitcarman » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:55 pm

Where do Waldachians fit in here?

ChrisD
France

Mayan's MC

Post by ChrisD » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:07 pm

kitcarman wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:55 pm
Where do Waldachians fit in here?