SCAM

ShovelHead
Great Britain

SCAM

Post by ShovelHead » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:06 pm

Hi
receaved a phone call this morning it came up out of area,some one asking for a Mr??? but the surname was wrong
i replied no and put the phone down , a minute later it rings again out of area again this time the person had my full name
i replied in French then English then the speal of a security breach the person had a Indian twang when talking .
as soon as i heard this it was get the f##### o## possibly a scam i had these about 6 years agit is bad enough with the cold callers
every couple of hours so be a where

ChrisD
France

SCAM

Post by ChrisD » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:59 pm

France is getting as bad as the UK for this and from what I've heard UK residents seem to be being targeted, presumably from les pages jaunes where the names hint at their origin. As SH says, be careful out there folks.
UTC

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

SCAM

Post by wizzard » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:43 am

People have been caught out with another one - they google a french government site to get a document which is normally free. A similar scam site comes up first, asks for all their data and payment of 1 euro, so bank card details given. Then some time later, often much later, they spot that a regular amount is being deducted (last one was 39 euros) from their account each month. Last year there was one at 90 euros which was not spotted for months - when I asked the lady in question why she hadnt spotted it quicker when checking her account she said she rarely checks her accounts, and then only for amounts over 100 euros! So she hadnt spotted that she was 90 euros short every month - unbelievable!
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................