Back patches

Bike Chat only please
ShovelHead
Great Britain

Back patches

Post by ShovelHead » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:49 am

Hi
In the daily mail a demonstration against the wearing of back patches in Berlin, The story headlines says Hellsangells patches and various,
MC groups are linked to crime in the photos there is not one HA patch,i have never seen HA at any demonstrations in the UK or France,
if you look they are all MC patches is this the thin end of the wedge

papasmurf
Great Britain

Back patches

Post by papasmurf » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:33 am

Under current anti gang legislation in Britain one emergent property is that a senior police officer can ban the wearing of gang colours, patches and other visible ID in public. (It is an arrestable offence then coupled with a lot of legal hassling of the gang.) So as matters stand a British HA chapter can be subject to that legislation.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Scotland

Back patches

Post by wizzard » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:39 pm

ShovelHead wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:49 am
Hi
In the daily mail a demonstration against the wearing of back patches in Berlin, The story headlines says Hellsangells patches and various,
MC groups are linked to crime in the photos there is not one HA patch,i have never seen HA at any demonstrations in the UK or France,
if you look they are all MC patches is this the thin end of the wedge
I agree Stewart - I looked up this article, and there were no HA patches in sight. Mind you, it was the Daily Mail , so the story could have been made up and the pics taken from the archices - shock horror, there was even a pic of a man with tattooed arms!
I've been going to backpatch events in France for 12 years, and riding with my French MC for over 3 years, an never seen one incident of trouble. That includes events ranging from 100 attendees to 20,000!
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

Jamstealer
France

Back patches

Post by Jamstealer » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:59 am

This is because of the Russian Night Wolves MC. Unlike other MCs it is overtly political; hardline nationalist/Nazi.
It now has groups in many European countries, and is trying to establish itself in Germany. It is also trying to infiltrate it’s members into HA and other backpatch clubs and urn them into political organisations.
Night Wolves were present ( overtly and subvertly) at the resent AfD and Neo Nazi rally in Chemnitz, Germany;
In recent years, their members ( armed with assault rifles) were acting alongside the “ unmarked” Russian SF troops that were involved in Ukraine and Crimea. They are undervwatch by Eutopol ( who do know the difference between them and other MCs; HA Europe is cooperating with Europol to identify possible infiltrations)
They have a close association with Putin, who has attended several of their events.
It’s all an attempt ( already partially successful) to politicise other patch clubs.
I never read the Day Mail unless it it to examine one of their usual propaganda articles. However, there has been some discussion of this in German newspapers, and there was a short reference article to this in Libération and Le Monde about 18 months ago
Last edited by Jamstealer on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

papasmurf
Great Britain

Back patches

Post by papasmurf » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:04 am

Jamstealer wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:59 am

It’s all an attempt ( already partially successful) to politicise other patch clubs.

I have no desire to comment too much about HA, for reasons of my personal security. I would only comment that a few are political and a few are neo-nazi and that applies in Britain.