The future of the forum

What would you like to happen?

Poll runs till Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:22 pm

I want the forum to continue and am willing to make a donation.
39%
I want the forum to continue.
38%
I would like the forum to continue but am not concerned if it doesn't.
23%
I think the forum should be discontinued.
No votes

Total votes: 61

Stella
France

The future of the forum

Post by Stella » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:08 pm

Working for me too now, thanks.

Mountains are for riding up and skiing down!

Hippy
France

The future of the forum

Post by Hippy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:35 am

done

dij999
Great Britain

The future of the forum

Post by dij999 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:13 pm

I can see the ribbons representing numbers of responders but no buttons to make a choice!

dij999
Great Britain

The future of the forum

Post by dij999 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:15 pm

Found it - probably wasn’t looking hard enough!

Sprinter
France

The future of the forum

Post by Sprinter » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:24 pm

Worked for me.

Varanoir
Donator
Donator
France

The future of the forum

Post by Varanoir » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:33 pm

Hello everyone, been a long time and lot's happened ( but that's a long story). I received a mail from Dragon this Morning ( icon_Hi ya! Gwyn), and the forum seems to be suffering from the inherited problem of financing . In fact I'm well out of date with contributions , purely and simply because I forgot.

I'm replying to this due to reading some recent interesting figures which came out of a study about monthly contribution marketing. ( I've been trying to find the reference but have deleted it somehow).

None of us much like the ''two pounds a month'' advertising, but interestingly a sample survey showed that over 80% of people who make these monthly contributions, become more involved and active in their chosen sponsorship than if they were just making an annual charitable donation, and that's because the reminder apparently comes from viewing regular bank statements, which feeds curiosity.

Contributions come in all sizes to the forum ( I've seen it), some very generous, and others not so much. A regular small amount would keep everyone on the same level and all members should really be contributing. Regular posters would consider it money well spent, whilst the not so often contributors ( like me) should be encouraged to get more invoved and get the best out of our investment. Regular monthly contributions by pay pal will keep the coffers topped up for the inevitable bills, and save the admin team/treasurer the task of having to ask for input.

We set up standing orders/direct debits very easily, so why shouldn't we do the same for something we enjoy? €2/£2 a month won't even buy you a coffee, 50 x 2 a month will probably keep the forum going very nicely.

Perhaps admin/treasurer might consider coming up with a plan. I've voted.
Not all who wander are lost. ( J.R.R.Tolkein)

Cornishman
France

The future of the forum

Post by Cornishman » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:59 pm

Good to hear from you John. icon_Hi ya!
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

NickCalvert
England

The future of the forum

Post by NickCalvert » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:16 am

As a biker based in UK I’ve found this site really useful when planning trips that involve France. I’ve paid contributions in the past as a thank you for being able to access the documents etc. I don’t feel I can vote as I don’t contribute in the forum and so am not qualified.

All I can say is I’m pleased to be a member albeit a very minimal one. Thanks

LaRib
Great Britain

The future of the forum

Post by LaRib » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:03 am

I joined BCF when I lived permanently in France but didn’t get the opportunity of using it.
As I no longer live there I wouldn’t want to make a regular contribution but would like to see it continue. Bon courage.

Snorkel
France

The future of the forum

Post by Snorkel » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:02 am

Hello all, it's been a while. Rather than ignore the email I have received I just wanted to say that I won't be voting. It's not through indifference but my circumstances have changed, I'm now living in England, have no bike and am unlikely to ever have one again. Regrettably all very negative.

This site was very special to me back in the day and I would like to thank all those involved with it's administration.

To all existing members, ride safe and have fun. icon_thumbup