Four days, three countries, two extremes of weather and one big grin - days 2 and 3

Tell us about your routes, places you visited, and maybe show us some pics !
SimonW
Donator
Donator
France

Four days, three countries, two extremes of weather and one big grin - days 2 and 3

Post by SimonW » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:40 am

Day 2 : Méaudre to Lake Neuchâtel via Col de Porte, Chambéry, Annecy. The first part of the route was excellent, but if I did it again I would go directly north from Chambéry and up through the Haut Jura. I certainly won’t be passing through Geneva again any time soon! The high temperatures and a wrong choice of clothing made the journey through Geneva and along the NW coast of Lake Leman hot and tedious. The rehydration / shower / rehydration / swim / beer / food / wine / relaxation at my cousin’s chalet were sooo welcome! Cheers Sophie!
9.Méaudre.JPG
10.Col de Porte.JPG
11.Col du Cucheron.JPG
12.Vully-les-Lacs.JPG
Day 3 : Lake Neuchâtel to Val d’Isère via Montreux, Martigny, Great Saint Bernard Pass, Little Saint Bernard Pass. Wow – what a day! Stunning scenery, stunning roads, stunning weather. It was nowhere near as busy as I expected. Road trips don’t get much better than this.
13.Montreux.JPG
14.route du Grand Saint-Bernard.JPG
15.Col du Grand Saint-Bernard.JPG
16.Col du Grand Saint-Bernard.JPG
17.Val d'Isère.JPG
18.Val d'Isère.JPG
More to follow ...

ChrisD
France

Post by ChrisD » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:11 pm

I like the wooden bikes, great sculptures. I used to use Chambery as a stopover when I used to ride to Greece using the Frejus tunnel. Lovely area.
UTC

Dragon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wales

Post by Dragon » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:58 pm

I would hate to meet the bloke who rode that bike. ....great pics Boyo,
We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. we have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything ....................with nothing,

ChrisD
France

Post by ChrisD » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:44 am

Dragon wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:58 pm
I would hate to meet the bloke who rode that bike. ....great pics Boyo,
Heard he was a woodentop.
UTC