Switching on and switching off

Bike Chat only please
Cornishman
France

Post by Cornishman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:04 pm

I rode home from the coast late last night on D roads. What a great ride. I didn’t once worry about speed limits just the road, and keeping a particular eye out for harvest traffic. I’d forgotten quite how good the Pan’s headlights are. The other choice of sticking to the N roads and worrying about sticking to 80 on wide straight quiet roads was not really an option at all.
kneedown

Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

Womble
France

Post by Womble » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:45 pm

Sounds like the best option :-)

yorkie
Donator
Donator
Great Britain

Post by yorkie » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:41 am

Out of interest, have you changed the bulbs for the Pan headlight. I found the original ones a bit yellow and changed them for some much brighter Philips which I have been pleased with (apart from the hassle of getting big hand in that tiny space to pull the old ones out!)

Wondered if the new LED swaps were any good?

Cornishman
France

Post by Cornishman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:00 am

I’ve not changed the bulbs. The lights are far better than any previous bikes’ and are really bright. The dip picks up the verge really well as well. They are as good as my car with Xenon lights but that suffers from a terrible dipped beam.
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.