The closure of BCFr,

This forum is for members to post IMPORTANT news items and announcements.
Forum rules
This forum is for members to place important news and announcements. General interest or Bike related chat should please be posted in their relevant sections.
coeurdelion
France

The closure of BCFr,

Post by coeurdelion » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:38 am

Sorry that the site is having to close,it's a very helpful site with great information available,I know there's lots of Facebook sites regarding motorbikes but they don't have the wealth of knowledge regarding the French admin side of things.As stated the amount of new posts and members have dropped and apart from the odd new member it's very quiet,I stated once on another deceased forum that even a cheap post that you don't agree with is better than non at all.Thanks for all the advice and help from everyone on this site ,if any of you wish to stay in touch in case you're up my neck of the woods(50170 Mont Saint Michel) and fancy a coffee drop me a pm and I will give you my email address.Thanks again coeurdelion :rip

coeurdelion
France

The closure of BCFr,

Post by coeurdelion » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:54 am

wizzard wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:26 am
SteveWalsh wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:22 am
Subscription club, If we all paid a small annual fee.......Maybee ????
Thanks for the comment Steve. To be honest its not just about the money - I'm sure the regular donators would continue to support the group if it was worthwhile, but its the lack of posting which is the problem. I dont know why people dont post any more - my recent test post about the Sportster attracted 53 views in 2 days, but very few members have bothered to comment. Even the closure notice itself has not attracted much comment, yet we have a lot of members seemingly logging in constantly, just not participating. Although it appears to be about money, it isnt really, its about participation, which we just dont have, and thats essential for the survival of any such group. As my mate who runs th elocal says, he would rather have lots of people buying one drink , than one guy getting drunk, as the bar always would look busy and attract lots of new customers.
I've seen similar on a Facebook bikers page,I put a small comment about how riders in flip flops and vests make me cringe and got slagged of by members who never even post unless it's to moan at some one else's post, The health and safety comments really bring them out of the woodwork !!!!! coeurdelion

coeurdelion
France

The closure of BCFr,

Post by coeurdelion » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:03 am

FrancisBarnett wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:56 am
Not being a Fakebook fanatic - where is this BCFR group? - and are all you FB enthusiasts using your real monikers? How will I know that Fred Smith used to be known as Dragon on BCFR etc? I know it's possible to register using a pseudonym , and a disposable email address - FB doesn't like it but many people do this.

MOH is on FB so is my daughter back in the UK, she had to swiftly disguise her FB id after being called as a witness in a much-too-well-publicised controversial coroner's inquest involving a hospital consultant who was trying to get her blamed for the death of a child that he was responsible for.
She was advised to do this by the NHS legal team fearing relatives getting violent etc.

I avoid using my real name on any forums or public media ever since getting attacked by a nasty little hacker back in the early 2000 's. I involved the police as it was my business he was trying to disrupt and divert communications, I found out from the police that him and his family had been involved in diverting business emails from other businesses to their own business in the same locality and they were arrested and interviewed but they just sat there smirking and said no comment - so the little sh!tes got away with it.
Hi FrancisBarnett,if you go on Facebook and do a search for bikers club france it will come up with it,I too get wary on the face book security but never post anything too revealing,have similar to you at the moment,just opened a small cattery as a bit of a income so I don't need to go plastering as much and some one keeps taking my cards from the supermarket boards,not clients as we put a few up and have only had one customer,luckily we have a Facebook page with a lot of interest,see you on the face book bikers club france coeurdelion

coeurdelion
France

The closure of BCFr,

Post by coeurdelion » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:12 am

wizzard wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:09 pm
FrancisBarnett wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:08 pm
I would be interested to know from papasmurf why he will not use facebook.
I think you would have to ask him yourself. I dont like FB, but use it with a different name, and have tight settings. But I know some pretty serious bike people on FB who dont hide their identity and dont care who sees their stuff. Each to their own.
I can see the worry ,bad lads see your garage full of bikes ,find out your address and suddenly the garage is empty,I use my real name but don't put too much on for the public,my mates the opposite,put a photo on the other week of his garage full of his old RD400 and 250 collection saying the suns out and these need to be ridden,I commented saying don't worry ,the next time you put your on the canal boat for a week post up the local scum will be at yours and take them all for a ride !!!! Went a bit quiet after he realised that not all your followers are your friends coeurdelion

coeurdelion
France

The closure of BCFr,

Post by coeurdelion » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:15 am

SteveWalsh wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:02 pm
Always use my own name on forums etc, Nothing to hide, icon_Hi ya!
same here Steve,not too worried about identity theft as don't know any one who'd want to be me icon_thatsfunny

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

The closure of BCFr,

Post by wizzard » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:25 am

coeurdelion wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:54 am
wizzard wrote:
SteveWalsh wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:22 am
Subscription club, If we all paid a small annual fee.......Maybee ????
Thanks for the comment Steve. To be honest its not just about the money - I'm sure the regular donators would continue to support the group if it was worthwhile, but its the lack of posting which is the problem. I dont know why people dont post any more - my recent test post about the Sportster attracted 53 views in 2 days, but very few members have bothered to comment. Even the closure notice itself has not attracted much comment, yet we have a lot of members seemingly logging in constantly, just not participating. Although it appears to be about money, it isnt really, its about participation, which we just dont have, and thats essential for the survival of any such group. As my mate who runs th elocal says, he would rather have lots of people buying one drink , than one guy getting drunk, as the bar always would look busy and attract lots of new customers.
I've seen similar on a Facebook bikers page,I put a small comment about how riders in flip flops and vests make me cringe and got slagged of by members who never even post unless it's to moan at some one else's post, The health and safety comments really bring them out of the woodwork !!!!! coeurdelion
I've had the same crap because in the summer I sometimes ride in trainers, bare arms and open face helmet. If the law didnt insist I wouldnt bother with the helmet or gloves!
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

coeurdelion
France

The closure of BCFr,

Post by coeurdelion » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:21 pm

wizzard wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:25 am
coeurdelion wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:54 am
wizzard wrote:
I've had the same crap because in the summer I sometimes ride in trainers, bare arms and open face helmet. If the law didnt insist I wouldnt bother with the helmet or gloves!
Hi wizzard,I wasn't trying to be the safety police when I posted the comment about people in flip flops,it got taken the wrong way,I just said it makes me cringe ,mainly because it reminds me of myself sliding down the road many years ago,at the end of the day it's personal choice,wear a pink bikini if you want its your skin not mine,the 3 times I've parted company with my bikes wasn't my fault and luckily I had a leather jacket on but the elbow wore through.Got a lot of real nasty comments but said that if they wanted to come to my house for a beer and bbq they could call me what they wanted to my face but non of them did .coeurdelion