The GJ's are planning to block all fuel depots and refineries on tuesday.

This forum is for members to post IMPORTANT news items and announcements.
Forum rules
This forum is for members to place important news and announcements. General interest or Bike related chat should please be posted in their relevant sections.
Cornishman
France

Post by Cornishman » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:48 pm

I went to my local SuperU this evening and there were huge queues. I went onto the Intermarché and there was nobody there.

Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

SimonW
Donator
Donator
France

Post by SimonW » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:26 am

Not wanting to add to the chaos caused by panic buying, I had resisted filling up my van until it was deep into reserve. I arrived at Carrefour, and only had to wait for one vehicle. I got some dirty looks from the vehicle waiting behind me as I took a jerrycan of petrol as well - they weren't to know that I was out of fuel for my dirt bike, and not stock-piling!

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Scotland

Post by wizzard » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:29 am

Hopefully things will calm down a bit after yesterday's announcement.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

papasmurf
Great Britain

Post by papasmurf » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:41 am

wizzard wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:29 am
I doubt that because it is more than just the price of diesel.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Scotland

Post by wizzard » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:01 pm

papasmurf wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:41 am
wizzard wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:29 am
I doubt that because it is more than just the price of diesel.
Its also the new diesel test which was due to come in January, the extra strict Controle Technique which came in May this year, and the minimum working wage (SMIC) - what I saw on the news last night indicated the Prime Minister was trying to address all these points.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

SteveWalsh
France

Post by SteveWalsh » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:32 am

Drove from Ouistreham to Dordogne last night, No sign of any GJ or fuel restrictions

FrancisBarnett
France

Post by FrancisBarnett » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:02 am

The mood from the protesters seems to be "we've got 'em on the run so we'll carry on and get it all sorted out" .
From The Times and The Sunday Times yesterday

FRANCE IN REVOLT
Yellow vest protests: ‘This is the start of a revolution. We can’t back down now’
Adam Sage, Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray
December 4 2018, 5:00pm,
The Times

Emmanuel Macron
France
Law
Europe
Global politics
The demonstrators come from every sector of French society and feel contempt for their rulers in Paris
CLAUDE PARIS/AP
Save
After more than two weeks on the barricades their faces were weary and their yellow vests stained with dirt and soot. But nothing — not tear gas, not the cold and rain, not even the concessions made by President Macron’s government — has dented the determination of protesters in Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray, a small town near Rouen in Normandy.

“We have been here every day since the movement started on November 17, and we will stay until Macron goes,” said Frédéric Bard, 42, a forklift truck driver who struggles to earn a living from temporary contracts. “The freeze on fuel taxes is not enough. What we all want is for Macron and his government to resign.”

“They pay themselves bigger and bigger salaries and leave us with more and more taxes on tobacco, electricity, petrol and everything else,” Mr Bard, who is married with two children, said. “When you earn €1,200 a month, by the time you have paid rent of €600 a month and your heating, insurance and fuel, what’s left? I’ll tell you. €50 a week to do the shopping for you and the kids.”

M Bard was one of several dozen demonstrators wearing the hi-vis yellow vests from which their movement took its name at a road block on the rond-point des vaches, roundabout of the cows, so-called thanks to the life-size plastic cows that stood there until they were burnt at the start of the protests.

Like hundreds of groups that have sprung up across France, the protesters are a mix; self-employed workers and public sector staff, pensioners and unemployed people, political novices and experienced activists, leftwingers and supporters of Marine Le Pen’s far-right National Rally.

Their demands are varied and range far beyond the fuel duties that started the revolt. A minimum wage rise, the return of the wealth tax and a new form of direct democracy are just some of the proposals. All of the protesters, however, share a contempt for a ruling class seen as arrogant, self-serving, out-of-touch — and embodied by Mr Macron.
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.