bits wanted

Please post only Bike related stuff for sale or wanted here
Also please note Don't post business related stuff here
coeurdelion
France

bits wanted

Post by coeurdelion » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:08 am

Hi,I am building a cafe racer from a 1994 SR Yamaha 250 and am looking for some front foot peg brackets anything that will do really,condition unimportant and a small silencer that can be adapted to fit,existing down pipe is 38 mm but again can be adapted to suit,I am in 50170,nearest town Pontorson but willing to travel.Thanks Coeurdelion

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Scotland

Re: bits wanted

Post by wizzard » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:04 am

I'll have a look in my spares box but I dont think I have anything suitable. Nice base for a cafe racer and perfect for little french country roads. I've got a slightly modded Honda XBR 500 which is great fun.
IMGP3810.JPG
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

coeurdelion
France

Post by coeurdelion » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:39 pm

Thanks for that ,was hoping that it would be easier to get modded bikes into the system if the French went ahead with the control technic but might be a few years yet,don't know the rules on cafe racing a French reg bike or if it would pass the ct if it came in. Think the Sr250 are a bit rare unless you go to America where for some strange reason they come with a kick start unlike the UK electric only start and its called the yamaha exciter ,no idea why !!!!!!!tried to find a kick start mechanism to fit ,apparently same as a xt 250 but more chance of platting saw dust ,not many breakers yards for bikes in france,if any.Think I will try to get some rear sets but might look a bit street fighter more than cafe racer though.coeurdelion

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Scotland

Post by wizzard » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:49 am

coeurdelion wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:39 pm
Thanks for that ,was hoping that it would be easier to get modded bikes into the system if the French went ahead with the control technic but might be a few years yet,don't know the rules on cafe racing a French reg bike or if it would pass the ct if it came in. Think the Sr250 are a bit rare unless you go to America where for some strange reason they come with a kick start unlike the UK electric only start and its called the yamaha exciter ,no idea why !!!!!!!tried to find a kick start mechanism to fit ,apparently same as a xt 250 but more chance of platting saw dust ,not many breakers yards for bikes in france,if any.Think I will try to get some rear sets but might look a bit street fighter more than cafe racer though.coeurdelion
There are definitely breaker's yards in France - I've been to one in Limoges, and there used to be one north of Limoges. Lots of stuff for sale on Leboncoin. If CT for bikes comes in, there will be less chance of getting UK stuff (modified) registered as there was talk of it also being a conformity check. When I modify stuff I try and makes as many of the mods reversible. I build a bobber CX 500 which was a sod to sell as the frame had been modified.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

coeurdelion
France

Post by coeurdelion » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:57 am

Bugger,Limoges was also near where we used to live,got she who must be obeyed looking into the registration lark whilst I am at work next week so will let you know how she gets on and my next project after the cafe racer will be French reg!!!!!!coeurdelion