Favourite day out

Tell us about your routes, places you visited, and maybe show us some pics !
yorkie
Donator
Donator
Great Britain

Favourite day out

Post by yorkie » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:41 am

Have done this route loads of times and taken visiting bikers out on it. 18th April was a perfect sunny day. Left the house, up to Mt St Michel and then the coast road to Cancale, stopped for a walk about and to buy lunch. Back on the bike to Point de Gourin to eat it at the new picnic point, complete with the "don't feed the red fox" notice. Follow the coast line cliff tops and the sweeping curves down to Rothenuef and into the St Malo traffic. Along the beach front and round the walled old town to park up at the Tour Solidor. Sit in the sunshine and watch the world go by then a fast run home on the N176. Our house in up for sale and we are moving to a flat in Nantes. We both got back after a day on the bike and asked each other "why are we moving with all this on our doorstep??"!
Pointe de Gourin.jpg
Solidor.jpg

ChrisD
France

Favourite day out

Post by ChrisD » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:58 am

There's something about the sea and coastal rides. At least when you're in Nantes you're not too far from the west coast so a whole new area to explore.
UTC

Cornishman
France

Favourite day out

Post by Cornishman » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:15 am

I regularly go to the coast on my bike, the last time was on Friday. The first 80km are great, the final 50 boring.
84ACDCA3-3DA1-437C-BCBE-99F73EFDF6BF.jpeg
I went over to Nantes on the bike a couple of weeks ago. It was cold and wet but I had a great ride. I’m so glad that I had my sat nav because the Nantes one way system is pretty confusing.
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

yorkie
Donator
Donator
Great Britain

Favourite day out

Post by yorkie » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:07 pm

Yes the system in Nantes takes some getting used to, that and the Trams, the drivers of which don't take prisoners!

Enjoy zipping down the bus lanes on the bike, though I am told this is not tolerated. The left hand takes some punishment from the constant clutch operation in town don't you think.