Of ayant driot

The place to share what you've learnt or ask for advice from others
Andrew
New Zealand

Of ayant driot

Post by Andrew » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:51 am

Here's you starter for 10.

You may or may not know that the status of 'ayant driot' doesn't exist anymore (for health care purposes anyway, and excepting children maybe?? anyways...) We're all to have our own accounts in our own right. You may also know that RSI (and probably other regimes social) are being shut down and everyone currently handled by them is being slowly migrated to CPAM/ameli.

Long story put briefly: I don't work and so, for years, I was 'ayant driot' to my wife's affiliation to RSI, no problem - I visited docs, got prescriptions, got reimbursements from RSI etc. My wife took a break and ceased her auto-entrepreneur registration, primarily to avoid paying CFE (la cotisation foncière des entreprises) We stayed on RSI throughout that period, again no probs. Now, she's restarted her work and re-registered her business. She's with ameli and the RSI account is closed. But where am I?

If I try to register on ameli, the site recognises my social security number as d'un autre régime So I've 'disappeared', not to be seen on any account. I presume I'm floating around in the ether somewhere, eventually to be transferred in the slow migration that is occurring. I updated by carte vitale yesterday and there was no problem - so I guess I exist somewhere. Probably now's not the time to require hospitalisation though.

ChrisD
France

Of ayant driot

Post by ChrisD » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:28 pm

perhaps best to visit your local CPAM office, face to face can get things sorted better than online if the situation is a bit unusual.
UTC

Andrew
New Zealand

Of ayant driot

Post by Andrew » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:00 pm

I'd probably start with RSI Chris (if I could be bothered") as that was my last known whereabouts. My guess is that I'm still there but 'headless' (as in the computer terminology). I'm not worried about it in truth, it'll sort itself out. It's just some limbo-like status that I no doubt share with others.

(*certainly not bothered enough to attempt dialogue with RSI!)

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Of ayant driot

Post by wizzard » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:48 pm

Andrew wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:00 pm
I'd probably start with RSI Chris (if I could be bothered") as that was my last known whereabouts. My guess is that I'm still there but 'headless' (as in the computer terminology). I'm not worried about it in truth, it'll sort itself out. It's just some limbo-like status that I no doubt share with others.

I was with RSI when I had the business but when I sold the business and de-registered they said I had 12 months within RSI and then I was being booted out of the health system - full stop. I demanded to see a manager and quoted the law - if you have been fully in the system here for at least 5 years they cannot boot you out. The manager agreed and I suggested the member of staff got retrained. I dont know if that all changes with Brexit though.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

Andrew
New Zealand

Of ayant driot

Post by Andrew » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:41 pm

RSI have quite some reputation. I've heard horror stories over the years and those stories have made me quite wary.

Jamstealer
France

Of ayant driot

Post by Jamstealer » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:29 pm

wizzard wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:48 pm
Andrew wrote:

I was with RSI when I had the business but when I sold the business and de-registered they said I had 12 months within RSI and then I was being booted out of the health system - full stop. I demanded to see a manager and quoted the law - if you have been fully in the system here for at least 5 years they cannot boot you out. The manager agreed and I suggested the member of staff got retrained. I dont know if that all changes with Brexit though.
wizzard wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:48 pm
Andrew wrote:

Nothing changes with Brexit; except that depending on the Agreement or not, those on S1 mihtblise UK funding.
Everyone ( EU or not) resident in France more than 3 months is entitled to join the Health system via PUMA. Depending on income status, you may have To pay social charge

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Of ayant driot

Post by wizzard » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:59 am

Andrew wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:41 pm
RSI have quite some reputation. I've heard horror stories over the years and those stories have made me quite wary.
When RSI were sending me horrendous bills (think of a figure and add a few zeros) I had a recurring dream about standing above their new office with a rocket launcher - I shared my dream with french friends, and they had similar thoughts. In one year I had bills for 18000 euros, and ended up paying 187 euros on appeal. I DID have to pay maternity insurance , for me , despite this being a bioligical impossibility. They even made me pay it after the business closed, as their theory was that I COULD have employed someone who COULD have become pregnant. I tried refusing to pay it - 6 months of increasing fines - then I gave in and send I would pay the initial insurance but not the fines which they accepted.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

Andrew
New Zealand

Of ayant driot

Post by Andrew » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:19 pm

Found me!

I forgot about UMCAPI (damn this silly country will all its agencies and acronyms)

It's the misses' account still but I'm there. At least I have a representation on the web, and I can check reimbursements and statements etc.

Pierre
Great Britain

Of ayant driot

Post by Pierre » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:40 pm

One thing that you may wish to keep in mind is that when you transfer from RSI to CPAM, the RSI is so incompetent that they forget to tell the CPAM who your 'Medecin traitant' is so the CPAM assumes you have not declared one therefore your reimbursement percentage drops; so when you next go to the doctor get him to check that he is declared on the Carte vitale as your 'medecin traitant'. I speak from experience cussingblack

Also I discovered last week that if you have an ALD (affliction a longue durée) for a heart problem then all your reimbursed dental work also gets treated as 100% reimbursement ie 100% of the CPAM defined cost not 100% of your total payment but your Mutuel also has to treat it the same way as well.

PG

Andrew
New Zealand

Of ayant driot

Post by Andrew » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:05 pm

Pierre wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:40 pm
they forget to tell the CPAM who your 'Medecin traitant' is
Cheers Pierre, I did notice that when looking at my wife's ameli account.