UK pensions

The place to share what you've learnt or ask for advice from others
ShovelHead
Great Britain

UK pensions

Post by ShovelHead » Mon May 14, 2018 2:23 pm

HI just cashed in my last private pension with royal London anew draw down plan.i have had this with various company's for 34+ years
it was cashed in and because i am retired i had to be taxed at a emergency rate over 40% when i got in touch with HMR they informed me
that i had to fill a double taxation form in ,i explained i have already filled this form in for a previous pension which expired in April.
you have to fill in the same form again as this is another provider so if you have various pensions or providers and you want to cash them in .
you have to fill the form out every time,After filling the form in declaring what tax you want back to pay the french tax you take it to
your local french tax office get them to read it and sign and stamp it they keep a copy and you send your copy of to HMR .
and you should get it all back to pay the french tax man .
Went to the tax office (st junion) a holiday Thursday shut Friday shut went Monday morning 9/30 bumped into wizard coming out.
he said get the ticket as soon as you go in which we did 30 people in front of us no problem we got talking to a woman in front of us ,
who explained that a french gentleman next to her had come in at 8/30 and got his ticket and sat down and various people had come in
and been seen to before him about 50 when she looked at his ticket it said 800 as he was the first one in they had not reset the ticket machine
from the Wednesday so he sat there
so it shows things can happen to the locals instead of expats so pay attention.
or be alert you country needs lerts

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Scotland

UK pensions

Post by wizzard » Mon May 14, 2018 5:51 pm

There was a woman we spoke to with 810, and all she wanted to do was ask for a new form! We got there at 8.30, and left at 9.30, job done.

icon_thumbup
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................