Football Whoohoo!

ChrisD
France

Re: Football Whoohoo!

Post by ChrisD » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:10 am

Dragon wrote: Good luck everyone today, some important ones.....Norwich v Sunderland, the result also affects Newcastle.......so does Giscard want a draw, my teams Cambridge and Wrexham also have a chance of the playoffs, Burnley need to keep getting the points, .........getting crucial Boyos..........
Just beat me to it Gwyn. Not sure how many footie fans have transfered across, we may have lost some.

UTC

Giscard
Donator
Donator
England

Post by Giscard » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:29 am

Dragon wrote: Good luck everyone today, some important ones.....Norwich v Sunderland, the result also affects Newcastle.......so does Giscard want a draw, my teams Cambridge and Wrexham also have a chance of the playoffs, Burnley need to keep getting the points, .........getting crucial Boyos..........
Yes I hope Norwich and Sunderland both do well and end up with the same number of goals. And it would be really really nice if we won a game before it becomes the drop :)

dwl
Great Britain

Post by dwl » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:28 pm

ChrisD wrote: Saturday is here and remaining games are dwindling so some important matches, not least for Simon and darlingberyl as Norwich play Sunderland. A cock fight as the Magpies host the Swans, the Smoggies at Notlob (already relegated) and us at Birmingham who still have play-off hopes so a toughie. Blackburn v Huddersfield (did Wildrover transfer to the new site?). Gwyn's cambridge host Carlisle and Wrexham at Tranmere. Grimsby down at Dover and for dwl, the new kid on the block and the lowest on the ladder Whitehawk travel to Weston Super Mare, should be a nice day trip.

Bonne chance et bon courage à tous.

Yes, good luck to all.

It's getting interesting at the bottom of the Premiership and top of the Champioship :o

2-0 to the Hawks at the moment. Keep it tight lads :D

Giscard
Donator
Donator
England

Post by Giscard » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:56 pm

In hindsight Sunderland beating Norwich by 3 goals and "the lads" beating Swansea by 3 goals means our goal difference is now only 1 worse than Norwich's. Still difficult but possible :)

ChrisD
France

Post by ChrisD » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:58 pm

I've just come out of lockdown after watching the football league show followed by MOTD. We seem to grind out these scrappy wins so hopefully the Smoggies too on Tues. Deserved wins for Sunderland and Newcastle. Norwich surprisingly a bit dirty, not like themj. Gwyn got a draw and win and dwl hung on for 2-1 . grimsby a draw too so only Simon unhappy, unless someone else out there supports Fulham?
UTC

Giscard
Donator
Donator
England

Post by Giscard » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:36 am

A point at home against Man City. It is a shame that they didn't kick the Wally with the Brolly out earlier in the season. No matter what happens at the end of the season we are at least playing as a team with some spirit, at last.
Late point for Burnley, keeps them in the top two, just. :)

Andrew
New Zealand

Post by Andrew » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:17 am

It all got silly at the Thai Crisp Bowl on Sunday. A rather inconsistent display of referring in a very bitchy match - no winners, neither metaphorically nor literally.

I recognise that being a ref is damned hard work and you're damned if you do, damned if you don't BUT this guy, John Moss (not the old Culture Club drummer btw), made life difficult for himself by seemingly keeping his own scorecard and letting some challenges go and penalising lesser ones. He seemed to be keeping some kind of tally book in his head. As a result, players didn't really know wtf was going on and were getting irritated. And it showed.

Ah well, it's made for a more exciting finish to the Premiership I suppose.

ChrisD
France

Post by ChrisD » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:40 am

Andrew wrote: It all got silly at the Thai Crisp Bowl on Sunday. A rather inconsistent display of referring in a very bitchy match - no winners, neither metaphorically nor literally.
Ah well, it's made for a more exciting finish to the Premiership I suppose.
Very stupid of Vardy to dive, he doesn't need to do things like that. A 2 game ban could cost them, they need his goals.

I agree Giscard, if they'd got rafa earlier you'd be safe now, the players obviously didn't want to play for McClaren. As for us we need to win our last 3 to be sure of promotion esp now Brighton are on fire.
UTC

Andrew
New Zealand

Post by Andrew » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:04 am

It was stupid. Very stupid. And then to go and compound it all by giving the ref a mouthful. Like swearing at a copper; regardless of the rights and wrongs, it's you that'll come out the worse for it. But then Vardy is not the sharpest tool in the box.

I'd prefer to have him in the side obviously but we get goals from elsewhere. I'm not too worried about it - depending on how many extra games ban the FA hits him with, that is.

Norwich were, at our place, I though one of the better sides (from the lower table). I certainly thought they'd have enough about them to avoid the drop. So the weekend's result surprised me. Newcastle, on the other hand, were amongst the poorest. I remember the match at ours at the end of last season; they were dire. I felt sorry for Newcastle fans rather than pleased with the result. Still 3 from 4 imo (well, 2 from 3 really; AV are gone) and I wouldn't want to call it.

Giscard
Donator
Donator
England

Post by Giscard » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:16 am

Andrew wrote:
Norwich were, at our place, I though one of the better sides (from the lower table). I certainly thought they'd have enough about them to avoid the drop. So the weekend's result surprised me. Newcastle, on the other hand, were amongst the poorest. I remember the match at ours at the end of last season; they were dire. I felt sorry for Newcastle fans rather than pleased with the result. Still 3 from 4 imo (well, 2 from 3 really; AV are gone) and I wouldn't want to call it.
You are right Andrew. Newcastle have been poor for a long time and there is a lot wrong in the club. I suppose for a change the premiership is exciting at both ends. Vardy is likely to get an extra match ban for his actions. I wouldn't want to see what is a great end to the season being decided by an FA disciplinary committee :)