Football Whoohoo!

Giscard
Donator
Donator
England

Re: Football Whoohoo!

Post by Giscard » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:07 am

I loved the shot of Ronaldo when Hungary scored their second or third goal as he was jumping up and down and stamping his feet like the spoilt brat that he appears to be. If England lose to Iceland then I won't buy any more frozen food from them. Looking on the bright side at least most of our teams (sorry Scotland) are still involved in Europe :)

Andrew
New Zealand

Post by Andrew » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:01 am

Aside: anyone seen the Ibrahimovic Volvo ad on (French) tele? Really rather well done and kind of inspiring.

Cornishman
France

Post by Cornishman » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:20 am

Andrew wrote: Aside: anyone seen the Ibrahimovic Volvo ad on (French) tele? Really rather well done and kind of inspiring.
I agree that it's very well done, and the longer version is really impressive but all I could think of when I saw the final shot was, thank God my roots aren't in Sweeden.
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

Andrew
New Zealand

Post by Andrew » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:16 am

I've only seen one version so I'll assume it's the shorter one - as it was an ad break on TV. I'll have a look at YouTube/DailyMotion etc for the longer one.

ChrisD
France

Post by ChrisD » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:25 pm

nodrog wrote: GOYBIG
I had to google that, could only find COYBIG Is this a Jerome typo or your own version of Come On You Boys In Green (didn't Robin Hood say that?) :)
UTC

Andrew
New Zealand

Post by Andrew » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:29 pm

Vardy stays with Leicester. icon_loopy Pleased.I.Am

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ester-city

I would like to offer my thanks to Roy Hodgson for showing Vardy a vision of the future. I'm naive, I hope Kante and Mahrez now feel sufficiently inspired to stay put too. I could tolerate Mahrez going but not Kante.

nodrog
France

Post by nodrog » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:15 pm

ChrisD wrote:
nodrog wrote: GOYBIG
I had to google that, could only find COYBIG Is this a Jerome typo or your own version of Come On You Boys In Green (didn't Robin Hood say that?) :)
incon_doh

Cornishman
France

Post by Cornishman » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:17 pm

Andrew wrote: Vardy stays with Leicester. icon_loopy Pleased.I.Am

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ester-city

I would like to offer my thanks to Roy Hodgson for showing Vardy a vision of the future. I'm naive, I hope Kante and Mahrez now feel sufficiently inspired to stay put too. I could tolerate Mahrez going but not Kante.
My favourite quote of the tournament; 'Why, as he's picked so many Tottenham players, does he insist on them playing like Arsenal?'
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

Andrew
New Zealand

Post by Andrew » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:29 am

Cornishman wrote:My favourite quote of the tournament; 'Why, as he's picked so many Tottenham players, does he insist on them playing like Arsenal?'
I like that!

I don't know if people have been watching coverage on French TV or UK (I watch on French) but apparently Glen Hoddle (who I believe co-commentates on ITV?) is very pro the Spurs lads; they can do no wrong. To me, as I said above, England just aren't playing like a team that knows what they are supposed to be doing.

Dragon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wales

Post by Dragon » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:18 pm

Get in, icon_thumbup now lets see if England can do the same, not the best game in the world but i will take it, .....from here on.....nothing to lose, icon_whistle
We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. we have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything ....................with nothing,