Football Whoohoo!

Cornishman
France

Re: Football Whoohoo!

Post by Cornishman » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:00 am

ChrisD wrote:Well they kicked off last night. France weren't sparkling again until that Payet goal, what a strike! The opening games are always a bit cagey but it wasn't too bad. Let's hope we perform better than the England fans in Marseille tonight.
I thought that it was a good game to watch, tight and surprisingly physical for a European game. They were heading for a deserved draw until the wonder strike.

Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

Giscard
Donator
Donator
England

Post by Giscard » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:42 am

Yes. Payet has been a great player all season for the Hammers and that was a stunning goal.

Dragon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wales

Post by Dragon » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:24 pm

Lets hope that Wales get off to a winning start after decades in the wilderness,
We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. we have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything ....................with nothing,

ChrisD
France

Post by ChrisD » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:01 pm

Dragon wrote:Lets hope that Wales get off to a winning start after decades in the wilderness,
Rode your luck a bit there Gwyn but deserved. Skrtel should have been off being fair.
UTC

ChrisD
France

Post by ChrisD » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:36 pm

ChrisD wrote:Rode your luck a bit there Gwyn but deserved.
Just heard Alan Shearer say exactly the same, I should have been a pundit, or is that eejit?
UTC

Dragon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wales

Post by Dragon » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:45 pm

When was the last Burnley pundit,.........thinking............thinking....... icon_whiteflag icon_thatsfunny
We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. we have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything ....................with nothing,

ChrisD
France

Post by ChrisD » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:00 am

Poor England finishing cost us, too many attempts hit straight at their goalkeeper, that and lacklustre defending. Taking Rooney off seems to have been a mistake. Kane still taking corners too, why????
UTC

Andrew
New Zealand

Post by Andrew » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:19 am

ChrisD wrote:Kane still taking corners too, why????
I don't geddit either. He's not even good at it. Seriously, He MUST be better in the box surely.

Giscard
Donator
Donator
England

Post by Giscard » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:01 am

Andrew wrote:
I don't geddit either. He's not even good at it. Seriously, He MUST be better in the box surely.
Andrew wrote:
I was amazed at how many Kane over hit, although he didn't have his greatest game either for England. It hurts me to say it but Rooney played well and was spraying good passes all over the pitch. Hodgson blundered a bit in my opinion although I can see why he made the substitutions, it's just that they didn't work. :?

Dragon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wales

Post by Dragon » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:12 am

This has been mentioned on other sites.......Kane taking corners, because he has scored something like 75% of his goals with his head, so he should be in the box, ..............but i hope he carries on taking them until after Thursday and the Wales game,.....would it not be something if by thursday night Wales had 6 points and England had 1, icon_dance icon_yo icon_thumbup ...........and one for Bale, icon_notworthy