Football Whoohoo!

ChrisD
France

Football Whoohoo!

Post by ChrisD » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:52 am

In the interests of continuity the thread is reborn and the season continues so all you biker closet footie fans come out of the locker and join in on those wet wintry days when football thrives but biking is put on the back burner. A bit of harmless banter so don't take offence if you get relegated and the sympathy seems a bit freudenschade :evil:

For the record and for those who don't know me I am a Burnley fan, aka The Clarets, who currently sit precariously at the top of the Championship.

UTC = Up The Clarets!

UTC

fm12

Re: Football Whoohoo!

Post by fm12 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:13 am

Theres already too much football on this site. :)

Giscard
Donator
Donator
England

Post by Giscard » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:37 am

With Newcastle's dismal performance this season I was hoping that you would not resurrect this thread. We still have a few games to go before swapping leagues with Burnley so there is still a bit of hope icon_smile

ChrisD
France

Post by ChrisD » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:42 am

Giscard wrote: With Newcastle's dismal performance this season I was hoping that you would not resurrect this thread. We still have a few games to go before swapping leagues with Burnley so there is still a bit of hope icon_smile
You could always switch allegiance to Grimsby. :)

Hi fm12, we need football to make rugby seem more attractive.
UTC

Andrew
New Zealand

Post by Andrew » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:05 pm

Leicester fan.... but not a johnny come lately glory supporter, oh no ;) (That sounds SO weird, believe me; "Leicester" and "glory" in the same breath!)

I was born there and have supported them, and only them, all my life. Went to matches off and on through my time in London and was a season ticket holder for 3 seasons in the 90s too. It'll be all change next season I fear but I'm enjoying this one for as long as it lasts!

ChrisD
France

Post by ChrisD » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:36 pm

Andrew wrote: Leicester fan.... but not a johnny come lately glory supporter, oh no ;) (That sounds SO weird, believe me; "Leicester" and "glory" in the same breath!)

I was born there and have supported them, and only them, all my life. Went to matches off and on through my time in London and was a season ticket holder for 3 seasons in the 90s too. It'll be all change next season I fear but I'm enjoying this one for as long as it lasts!
I know how you feel. I was so jealous last season when you avoided relegation which I thought was a miracle and hats off to Nigel Pearson, but to follow that with what has happened this season is incredible. Hope you get it.
UTC

simon
France

Post by simon » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:44 pm

Giscard wrote: With Newcastle's dismal performance this season I was hoping that you would not resurrect this thread. We still have a few games to go before swapping leagues with Burnley so there is still a bit of hope icon_smile
You'll avoid it, it'll be City going icon_Underthumb

Giscard
Donator
Donator
England

Post by Giscard » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:48 pm

City and the Mackems. The sort of stuff dreams are made off. icon_smile

ChrisD
France

Post by ChrisD » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:59 am

Seems like we were lucky to get the draw at home against Cardiff last night, we are definitely losing our form, still unbeaten this year but 3 consecutive draws whilst Boro and Brighton are winning games.
UTC

Giscard
Donator
Donator
England

Post by Giscard » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:23 am

ChrisD wrote: Seems like we were lucky to get the draw at home against Cardiff last night, we are definitely losing our form, still unbeaten this year but 3 consecutive draws whilst Boro and Brighton are winning games.
It is tight at the top of the Championship. You don't want to drop any more points and end up in the playoffs. :o