Reactolite glasses.

kitcarman
England

Reactolite glasses.

Post by kitcarman » Fri May 24, 2019 8:18 am

I have had a real problem with trying to work outside in the sunshine. Almost impossible to see what I'm doing. I capitulated, took a train ride into Bordeaux, very easy to achieve, my other half organised it. Got two old codgers passes, almost halved the price, a very efficient service. Had a nice day out, had a great pizza, in a restaurant they have an 1959 Lambreta, all original, belongs to the owner, he's had it from New . Back to the glasses, found the discount unit in the centre of town, address checked on the internet by other 1/2 . She got hers in about an hour, mine were a little more complicated lenses so came through the post. Crumbs what a difference, to be recommended. Did a shop following she who must be obeyed around, then the train home to our local station, easy peasy. Nice day out ! Something to be aware of. It gets cheaper to buy your passes at the station. As we found out after buying them on line. icon_Hi ya!

ChrisD
France

Reactolite glasses.

Post by ChrisD » Fri May 24, 2019 10:13 am

I've had reactolite style glasses for years but found with age and probs with floaters that with my usual prescription (rate of change from light to dark, not eye prescription) I was starting to struggle to see when moving from light to dark/dim areas. You can get more expensive coatings that change rapidly but at a cost so I've reverted back to ordinary glasses.
UTC

papasmurf
Great Britain

Reactolite glasses.

Post by papasmurf » Sun May 26, 2019 7:08 pm

I don't have Reactolite glasses but I do have glasses that act like them. (They do cost an arm and a leg.) But I now rarely have to use the flip down sun visor in my crash helmet.

papasmurf
Great Britain

Reactolite glasses.

Post by papasmurf » Sun May 26, 2019 7:09 pm

I don't have Reactolite glasses but I do have glasses that act like them. (They do cost an arm and a leg.) But I now rarely have to use the flip down sun visor in my crash helmet.