I thought the forum had disappeared forever.

papasmurf
Great Britain

Post by papasmurf » Sun May 19, 2019 6:23 pm

I thought the forum had disappeared forever. What happened?

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Post by wizzard » Sun May 19, 2019 7:22 pm

Lots of problems with the server Papa - Mich has been working on it flat out - each time he fixed it , it went down again. Hopefully it will be OK this time, however I see some of the most recent posts have disappeared.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

ShovelHead
Great Britain

Post by ShovelHead » Mon May 20, 2019 6:39 am

HI
BEEN TRYING FOR ABOUT 5 DAYS THOUGHT ITWAS AT MY END

Cornishman
France

Post by Cornishman » Mon May 20, 2019 8:42 am

I know it won’t suit everybody but when there is a problem with the site the BCF Facebook page is a good place to check on what’s happening.
Personally I believe that the problems have been a reminder of how lucky we are to have opted to pay for site maintenance and repair as it took an expert a fair time to sort out. I’m sure that the admins could have got it sorted in the end but I guess that the site would have been down for a very long time if that had been necessary.
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

papasmurf
Great Britain

Post by papasmurf » Mon May 20, 2019 8:48 am

Cornishman wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:42 am
I know it won’t suit everybody but when there is a problem with the site the BCF Facebook page is a good place to check on what’s happening.
Personally I believe that the problems have been a reminder of how lucky we are to have opted to pay for site maintenance and repair as it took an expert a fair time to sort out. I’m sure that the admins could have got it sorted in the end but I guess that the site would have been down for a very long time if that had been necessary.
I would rather excrete a porcupine backwards than use Farcebook.

Cornishman
France

Post by Cornishman » Mon May 20, 2019 9:22 am

papasmurf wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:48 am
Cornishman wrote:
More fool you.
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

papasmurf
Great Britain

Post by papasmurf » Mon May 20, 2019 9:30 am

Cornishman wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:22 am
papasmurf wrote:
Cornishman wrote:
More fool you.
Cornishman wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:22 am
papasmurf wrote:
Cornishman wrote:
More fool you.

Not a fool at all Facebook is VERY insecure, and I value my personal security and safety.
Facebook has caused me serious problems in the past without me ever having joined it.
A fair number of people I know will not use Facebook for personal security reasons.

Cornishman
France

Post by Cornishman » Mon May 20, 2019 9:42 am

Go on then papa, tell me how I am going to be compromised by using Facebook. I’m waiting...

kitcarman
England

Post by kitcarman » Mon May 20, 2019 10:04 am

I would love to observe someone crapping the prickly porcupine backwards, the mind boggles at the thought of it. Would have to be a bugger to swallow to start with, maybe with some cod liver oil to help it along, and what about the poor creature, has anyone given a thought for it?

Andrew
New Zealand

Post by Andrew » Mon May 20, 2019 10:14 am

^^^ Indeed, the mind boggles.