Blackjack Zero.

kitcarman
England

Blackjack Zero.

Post by kitcarman » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:23 pm

Reinstate three wheeler, Blackjack Zero.Due to quite a lot of factors. The Zero has been neglected. So got her out from under the house. Some of the fittings have deteriorated, so I decided to replace them, got in touch with Demon Tweaks, they sent them promptly, but the delivery driver said he had tried to deliver them and had left a card, not at this address, not here he had not. When we locate at a depot some distance from us, we went and collected the package. Coated them with clear varnish. I then took a good look at the screws and realised they were looking shabby. I then got in touch with builder of the car/ bike, to find out from him what size the screws were, Richard and Annie said they would send me some, nothing seemed to happen, so I emailed them, they had sent them a couple of my phone call. They never arrived and still haven't some weeks later. I contacted them again, and they resent them, they arrived safely, no idea what has happened to the first package, still not here, the second package arrived safely. Go to check the tyres , pump up two, but cannot reach the one furthest one, so decided to move vehicle nearer to pump, engine would not start, so ran some checks. The battery was u/s, so disconnected it. Checked it on a meter. Totally gone, that being said, the battery is over ten years old, so I would recommend Odessey batterys. So I have all I need to get her back on the road, when it stops rain and gale force winds.The battery arrived in very fast time, a good service, well done that company. icon_thanks

FrancisBarnett
France

Blackjack Zero.

Post by FrancisBarnett » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:42 am

That's an interesting vehicle, it looks properly engineered. How did you manage to get it registered over here?
Any problems with driveline vibration from the v- twin like Morgan have with their final drive gearbox?
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Blackjack Zero.

Post by wizzard » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:53 am

I've seen this car / trike in the flesh and really liked it. I had a Grinnal Scorpion trike at the time, which is a bit more of a sporty design, but I loved the quirckyness of the Zero.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

ChrisD
France

Blackjack Zero.

Post by ChrisD » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:04 pm

I'd never heard of it so had to google. It's like a cross between a Morgan and that ugly Fiat Multipla..

UTC

FrancisBarnett
France

Blackjack Zero.

Post by FrancisBarnett » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:19 pm

ChrisD wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:04 pm
I'd never heard of it so had to google. It's like a cross between a Morgan and that ugly Fiat Multipla..

I see they did a version with a VW motor up front - looks a bit strange with that motor sticking out in front(hope kitcarman's isn't that version!)
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Blackjack Zero.

Post by wizzard » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:34 pm

yeh, his is that version - pic attached
IMGP2218.JPG

FrancisBarnett
France

Blackjack Zero.

Post by FrancisBarnett » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:25 am

But that's a Guzzi motor not a VW?

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Blackjack Zero.

Post by wizzard » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:59 am

Definitely Kitcarman's - thats it sitting in his garage. His wife has a yellow trike with 2CV engine.

FrancisBarnett
France

Blackjack Zero.

Post by FrancisBarnett » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:16 am

wizzard wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:59 am
Definitely Kitcarman's - thats it sitting in his garage. His wife has a yellow trike with 2CV engine.
wizzard wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:59 am
Sorry Wizz, I think we are talking at crossed purposes.
I looked up the Blackjack Zero website to see what this car looks like and on there was version with a VW beetle motor sticking out the front which just looked ungainly. I commented on that, hoping that Kitcarman's didn't have a VW motor- phew!

kitcarman
England

Blackjack Zero.

Post by kitcarman » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:58 pm

Hello yes the zero did start life with an Vw camper engine, it was running a tad hot in traffic in central London. So I had a word with Richard Oakes, The designer of the Blackjack Zero and builder. He was happy to put the Guzzi engine in the chassis, marrying it up the vw gearbox. A marriage made in heaven. Worked straight away, it has given myself and the other half a whole load of fun. Drove it here from UK. We have been to Mandello home of the moto Guzzi factory. Then back up to our home here in the southern part of France. The only kind of problem is these stupid humps here in France, have to go slower than in normal vehicle, a fair bit longer wheelbase. I always fancied the other three wheelers,The Stinger, really looked the business, just was out of reach. Richard Oakes is a great bloke to deal with. The vehicle is great fun to drive, bringing a smile to most peoples faces, very stable under way!