FRENCH LICENCE

Jamstealer
France

FRENCH LICENCE

Post by Jamstealer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:29 pm

coeurdelion wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:03 pm
Not sure but wonder if there's a time difference between the old paper uk licence which some people may still have and the recent plastic photo id ones,just a thought as the categories on the plastic UK photo id are the same as the ones on the French application form.Also someone mentioned on another forum about not including the correct self addressed envelope,we all know that the French love things to be correct when it's involving paperwork.Saying that I still haven't heard anything apart from the confirmation via the telephone that they have received the application but think I am only 6 months in so probably propping the door open still !!!!! coeurdelion incon_doh

UK categories have changed several times. The latest ones are consistent with European categories. I was asked about an old paper Licence by someone recently; at my suggestion they made a table cross referring their old Licence categories to the current European ones; attached it to the photocopy of their old Licence and applied on the Cerfa form using the EU categories. They had one email back, requesting clarification on something, then the confirmation that the Licence was being processed. I do know that the French office do know how to convert the old categories to new. The pre-paid envelope is for them to send you the temporary attestation while you wait for the actual Licence. Here's the link showing the changes in UK licences;
https://www.gov.uk/old-driving-licence-categories

coeurdelion
France

FRENCH LICENCE

Post by coeurdelion » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Thanks for the reply,mine was the photo one luckily so fairly straight forward ,only been about 6 months so will wait and see,got my carte de sejour through a few weeks ago so that's the main one sorted.coeurdelion icon_fran

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

FRENCH LICENCE

Post by wizzard » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:17 am

The OH's licence confirmation arrived this morning - just need to send the old one away now. Only issue I have is that the confirmation does not confirm the categories which I would have liked to have checked.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

canyon904
Donator
Donator
France

FRENCH LICENCE

Post by canyon904 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:14 pm

With my UK HGV/PCV renewal I get a medical form with the application.
So is it best to send off the cerfa form as is and wait for them to ask for a medical or shall I get a medical done before and include it with all the other stuff and if so, where do I get a medical form from?
I wish I had got my s**t together sooner!

Jamstealer
France

FRENCH LICENCE

Post by Jamstealer » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:25 pm

Might as well get the medical done and send the form off with everything else.

Jamstealer
France

FRENCH LICENCE

Post by Jamstealer » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:38 pm

Update. The two licences that I helped people apply for both arrived this morning.
Timeline;
Applied for end October.
Confirmation email saying licence had been approved and had been sent for manufacture arrived beginning January
So it’s about a month for the production.

Cornishman
France

FRENCH LICENCE

Post by Cornishman » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:15 pm

It’s interesting to note the huge difference in the time taken. Your experience is three months but 14-16 months still seems the time taken for others. As they are all handled by the same people in Nantes that suggests a hiccup in the system.
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

FRENCH LICENCE

Post by wizzard » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:31 pm

Cornishman wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:15 pm
It’s interesting to note the huge difference in the time taken. Your experience is three months but 14-16 months still seems the time taken for others. As they are all handled by the same people in Nantes that suggests a hiccup in the system.
My OH's licence confirmation took about 3 months, but I know others have been waiting more than a year. There is no magic formula for this , just luck.

Jamstealer
France

FRENCH LICENCE

Post by Jamstealer » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:52 pm

It does seem like licences applies for a yearcagobare still taking ages. Whereas applications done in the last few months are coming through quite quickly. Perhaps there is an old backlog pile being done in one section, and the recent ones being handled by another team....
Unless there is something else like older licences with differing categories...

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

FRENCH LICENCE

Post by wizzard » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:15 pm

Jamstealer wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:52 pm
It does seem like licences applies for a yearcagobare still taking ages. Whereas applications done in the last few months are coming through quite quickly. Perhaps there is an old backlog pile being done in one section, and the recent ones being handled by another team....
Unless there is something else like older licences with differing categories...
My OH's licence had every class except proper HGV.