I experienced the blockade this morning on the way back to the morning ferry to Portsmouth. Caused total chaos for a lot of British registered cars who were diverted off through the commercial centre at the N158 junction. Wouldn’t have been surprised if a few missed the ferry which unusually departed at 08.30 on the dot for once
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:28 am
- Location: Sarthe & South Buckinghamshire
- Has thanked: 12 times
- Been thanked: 7 times
- Posts: 693
- Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:43 pm
- Has thanked: 5 times
- Been thanked: 25 times
The reality is not what you have described. This is an article on facebook from an accredited journalist Gerard Bardy.Jamstealer wrote: ↑Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:12 pmUnfortunately, certainly in Paris, the originally well intentioned protest has been hojacked by the far right. Not only LePen’s sympathisers, but Steve Bannon’s “ the Movement” Group. No coincidence bthat Bannon is in Europe, currently. On the dark net, the “movement” and it ultra-right thug base is being mobilised.
Message from gérard bardy
I needed a recovery time before I could write this chronicle, so much as I heard and seen on the x-Rays and Tvs of "continuous info" last night plunged me into stupor and anger.
Holder of my journalist card for over 40 years, I felt both pain and shame!
How can we ignore facts and make up reality? Why? To whom?
Like the previous Saturday, I accompanied the "Yellow vests" for eight hours, this time in Paris, from 15th ar to the champs elysées through the field of Mars, trocadero and Charles de gaulle square.
In the middle of 5.000 to 6.000 "Yellow vests" from all over France, I have not witnessed any (none) words or violent acts, nor heard any (none) racist or homophobic insult! We sang the marseillaise at least 50 times. In their window, by hundreds, parisians applauded us. And the motorists were very many to honk by waving a yellow vest.
That's the truth.
Faced with this part of the people of France suffering, Mr. Macron and his minister of the interior, Castaner, had the answer only to add lie and manipulation to their contempt and incompetence.
1) why did the champs elysées remain open with so many moved or flammable materials on the road?
2) Why, at 10 am, did the interior minister M Castener make a telephone call to the radio and television editors to confirm that the 100 thugs were ultra-right activists?
3) why were these thugs left free and able to break and burn at 16 pm again? (at 17 pm, place of the star, I saw a black-colored breaker dressed, with his gas mask and backpack, joining the front of the clashes without being controlled by the crs)
4) why does president macron, in his tweet, express his shame (he is right) without distinguishing the "Yellow vests" from the thugs?
I conclude that power has, at least, promoted the action of the thugs to discredit the "Yellow vests" and their claims.
It's just disgusting. And journalists who have been complicit have seriously undermined the credibility of their profession.
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.