Carte de séjour

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Carte de séjour

Post by wizzard » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:07 pm

I had to provide a similar array of documents as FB mentioned, plus a further statement detailing even more my various income sources. Fingerprints were taken by machine as Shovelhead has said above.

Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

Jamstealer
France

Carte de séjour

Post by Jamstealer » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:16 pm

There are two lists of docs. For a 10 year / permanent, it is exactly as FB has listed. For à temporaire it is the lesser list.
It’s the same everywhere.
( slight procedural differences in Paris as everything in Paris is done via the Prefecture de la Police).
One additional document if you are self employed.
We did ours in Charente. I went to Limoges two weeks ago with someone to help them. Same there.
Same in Bordeaux. And Perigueax.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Carte de séjour

Post by wizzard » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Jamstealer wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:16 pm
There are two lists of docs. For a 10 year / permanent, it is exactly as FB has listed. For à temporaire it is the lesser list.
It’s the same everywhere.
( slight procedural differences in Paris as everything in Paris is done via the Prefecture de la Police).
One additional document if you are self employed.
We did ours in Charente. I went to Limoges two weeks ago with someone to help them. Same there.
Same in Bordeaux. And Perigueax.
Jammy, when you went to Limoges did you have an application form with the dossier. I know the Vienne has one, but there isnt one on the Limoges site, so the may not need one.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

Jamstealer
France

Carte de séjour

Post by Jamstealer » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:40 pm

Nope, I just got the people to put together the docs the govt website wanted, made photocopies of them all, then turned up. The couple actually had a half hour appointment each, one after the other, but we all went in together, whole thing done and dusted in 20 minutes.
In Bordeaux they asked
“ did you fill in the preliminary form? “
Answer “ No, there’s no requirement for it”
“ yes, well it’s only a checklist to make sure you have all the papers”
All done in 20 minutes.
These “ additional forms” have no legal basis; they are just a useful way of getting things done quicker via a checklist, in effect.

Cornishman
France

Carte de séjour

Post by Cornishman » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:45 pm

The La Vienne form is one that is very much a one size fits all one and I’m sure will be more of a cover sheet than anything else. Their list of documents to bring is also very open ended, they tell you what you need to prove more than what you need to prove it. There are three prefecture led meetings being held in the department in the next couple of weeks and hopefully the right questions will be asked then to tighten up the possibilities. It doesn’t help that there are different requirements for at least five different groups of people. The flood gates will open on December 1st, the date from when postal applications will be accepted, and it will be interesting to see how quickly the new system is processed and the first rendezvous are offered. My application will be a long way down the pile as I need to wait until the New Year to apply for the card that I want.
Down here the prefectures are really being helpful and are trying to make the process as straightforward as possible.

http://www.vienne.gouv.fr/Actualites/Eu ... nce-permit
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

coeurdelion
France

Carte de séjour

Post by coeurdelion » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:21 am

Appointment for the carte de sejour is getting closer so getting copies of all our stuff,will let you all know how it goes after Monday!!!!!!! Coeurdelion