The weather is now winter.

User avatar
wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:06 pm
Location: South Haute Vienne
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 100 times
France

The weather is now winter.

Post by wizzard » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:45 pm

Cornishman wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:30 am
A strange day today. Heavy frost this morning but lizards outside now enjoying the warm sunshine.
I was supposed to be going on a ride out early this morning. Got up at 8 , put leathers and thermals on , went to take the bike out, and found the car covered in thick ice. Then went back to bed. :lol:


Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

User avatar
2cvandy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 584
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:05 pm
Location: Mayenne 53
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 79 times
France

The weather is now winter.

Post by 2cvandy » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:46 pm

wizzard wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:45 pm
I was supposed to be going on a ride out early this morning. Got up at 8 , put leathers and thermals on , went to take the bike out, and found the car covered in thick ice. Then went back to bed.
wimp :lol: :lol:
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than ride a fast bike slow,,,,,,,,,,,,,, icon_moped

User avatar
wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:06 pm
Location: South Haute Vienne
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 100 times
France

The weather is now winter.

Post by wizzard » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:01 pm

2cvandy wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:46 pm
wizzard wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:45 pm
I was supposed to be going on a ride out early this morning. Got up at 8 , put leathers and thermals on , went to take the bike out, and found the car covered in thick ice. Then went back to bed.
wimp :lol: :lol:
Too right Andy - dont have any intention of slipping up the road on my arse (if I can help it) icon_bike - too old and knackered to sustain any more injuries, and I wouldnt want any harm to come to the Harley. It turned out a lovely day in the afternoon - I dont like early starts in the winter. Planning a ride out tomorrow afternoon.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

User avatar
ChrisD
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1548
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:27 am
Location: Here 87330 and there ..
Has thanked: 150 times
Been thanked: 97 times
France

The weather is now winter.

Post by ChrisD » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:51 pm

Giscard wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:07 am
ChrisD wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:54 pm
Andrew wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:40 pm
Got absolutely sodden drenched a couple of days back. It was OK when I left home but I rode into it en route, the skies opened. Reminded me to get my jacket reproofed!
Must have been Wednesday when I rode in continuous rain to Caen, normally just under 6 hours took me 9 but stopped for lunch to get warm.. nightmare journey again
What a co-incidence. We drove to Caen on Wednesday , and it rained all day for us as well. Fortunately we were in the car. Didn't see many motorbikes on the road. Were you on the 11pm ferry ?
Stopped at an Ibis budget and caught the early ferry next day then did another 280 miles from Portsmouth, dry but cold.
UTC

Jamstealer
Member
Member
Posts: 1970
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:09 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 113 times
France

The weather is now winter.

Post by Jamstealer » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:33 pm

The Grues were flying south most of yesterday afternoon and through until late at night. I take that as my marker.

User avatar
Giscard
Donator
Donator
Posts: 545
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:30 am
Location: 24700, 73700 and Cardiff
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 19 times
England

The weather is now winter.

Post by Giscard » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:03 pm

Jamstealer wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:33 pm
The Grues were flying south most of yesterday afternoon and through until late at night. I take that as my marker.
Yes they have been on the move for about a week now. Winter is coming.

papasmurf
Member
Member
Posts: 987
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:04 am
Location: Cornwall
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 54 times
Great Britain

The weather is now winter.

Post by papasmurf » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:34 pm

Here in Cornwall it is the Monsoon season.

User avatar
wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:06 pm
Location: South Haute Vienne
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 100 times
France

The weather is now winter.

Post by wizzard » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:35 pm

I had nice ride out today - it was quite warm.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

Jamstealer
Member
Member
Posts: 1970
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:09 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 113 times
France

The weather is now winter.

Post by Jamstealer » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:16 pm

Giscard wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:03 pm
Jamstealer wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:33 pm
The Grues were flying south most of yesterday afternoon and through until late at night. I take that as my marker.
Yes they have been on the move for about a week now. Winter is coming.
Yes. We heard some late at night a couple of days ago. For us, this was the first significant lot. They are going over tonight again.

Stella
Member
Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:05 pm
Location: Hautes Pyrénées
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 24 times
Contact:
France

The weather is now winter.

Post by Stella » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:41 am

Jamstealer wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:16 pm
Giscard wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:03 pm
Jamstealer wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:33 pm
The Grues were flying south most of yesterday afternoon and through until late at night. I take that as my marker.
Yes they have been on the move for about a week now. Winter is coming.
Yes. We heard some late at night a couple of days ago. For us, this was the first significant lot. They are going over tonight again.
We've been hearing them for a good couple of weeks here in the central Pyrenees. It feels as though they started early this year.
Mountains are for riding up and skiing down!

Post Reply