Had call about my computer.

kitcarman
England

Post by kitcarman » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:56 pm

Had this very well spoken woman on the phone, telling me ,I had a security problem with my computer. I played her along for quite some time. If I had been as gullible as I sounded she would have been have been having a field day on it, amusing. On another subject, a friend of mine was out of the country, so his wife was home alone, the house was hit by lightning. The home is completely high tec. Nothing worked she found that the phones, which were on charge were US. The house phone would not work, The electric gates would not open, So in effect she was a prisoner in the house with no means of communication. Lucky he was in the UK. So she didn't need to panic, he's still sorting it out since his return. The TV was u.s. And a plug had blown completely out of the wall. He reckons he might lose his sanity, trying to get the various trades to work together. Lucky that his phone was working, shows how life has changed, When I was a child your biggest problem was the gas going out due to bombing or the mantle disintegration, needing a very scarce resource to get a replacement. Much less complicated way of life and in my opinion easyer.

ChrisD
France

Post by ChrisD » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:16 pm

It's amazing that people still fall for these scams but they do which is why the scams continue.
UTC

kitcarman
England

Post by kitcarman » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:41 pm

When my wife answers, she says we do not have a computer. That gets rid.

ShovelHead
Great Britain

Post by ShovelHead » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:22 pm

hi
when we first came here we where getting them about once a fortnight after hanging up and also speaking totally gobly gook
on the phone back to them we have had no more we have the answer machine on and we have a list of cold callers i find if you
talk to them as a idiot (normal talking for me and thinking) THEY SEEM TO GET THE MESSAGE or they think they have the
local insane asylum.

divimike
Great Britain

Post by divimike » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:48 pm

We find blowing a whistle very loudly down the phone tends to send them away!!!!!