Lack of gendarmes.

kitcarman
England

Lack of gendarmes.

Post by kitcarman » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:58 am

I have not seen any of late. Is there something going on behind the scenes? Have they been on holiday, ready to meet the influx of holiday makers. In the last week I have seen many more non French number plates, but still no police. This week I was tootling along around fifty to be overtaken by a large pickup travelling at around seventy plus with a large trailer on the back, this was on an entry into a town.wtf.

Giscard
Donator
Donator
England

Lack of gendarmes.

Post by Giscard » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:40 am

We were in La Rosiere for the 11th stage of the Tour de France and there were a lot of gendarmes standing around.

ShovelHead
Great Britain

Lack of gendarmes.

Post by ShovelHead » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:53 pm

HI
at the bottom of the bank going out of Rochechouart towards Vares a wagon had shed its load of hay bales thank god no one was hurt
the bales must have looked like the big balls out of the PRISONER tv series. there must have been 6 bike police and about 4 car police
plus the fire men(volunteers) most of the police where stood around as they are in the uk

FrancisBarnett
France

Lack of gendarmes.

Post by FrancisBarnett » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:47 pm

I've been on the lookout for les flics obviously because of the new 80 limit - and don't press on if there's no traffic coming the other way to give you a headlamp flash etc. Seems ok to press on if it's raining because they won't stand around in the rain, might get their shiny boots wet!
I have to say I haven't seen one for weeks, possibly longer than that, I don't know where they are hiding.
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Lack of gendarmes.

Post by wizzard » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:27 am

I was doing a run to the station in Limoges last Tuesday - when we reached the roundabout at Aix sur Vienne there must have been about 10 gendarmes doing random stops at the roundabout entrances. Because we live in a low crime area the motorist is the main target.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

Jamstealer
France

Lack of gendarmes.

Post by Jamstealer » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:38 pm

Holiday season. Policing main holiday routes.
Plus redeployed covering major tourist and holiday areas anti-terrorist/anti crime patrols. So reduced presence in France Profonde

Dieselspanner
Donator
Donator
France

Lack of gendarmes.

Post by Dieselspanner » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:34 am

We had Mr Macron round our way yesterday, one of the Gendarmes poncing coffee in the local bar said there were 500 blokes involved in the security for an eight hour visit

Having seen 11 crew buses, apart from anything else, I don't find it hard to believe.

Cheers Stef