The weather

kitcarman
England

The weather

Post by kitcarman » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:39 am

What the hell has happened to the weather? I have been on this planet for 80 summers, Cannot recall it being like this for so long. I am sure I will be corrected. :roll: :roll: icon_yo

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

The weather

Post by wizzard » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:05 pm

The books by the famous scientist James Lovelock acurately predicted the weather changes that are now happening - milder winters, but wetter and more stormy.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

kitcarman
England

The weather

Post by kitcarman » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi Wiz, I might have a look at them, Sometime in the future, I thought I would have so much time to spare in retirement, Not true,I am almost sure half my day has been stolen before I get it.? :geek: :geek:

Cornishman
France

The weather

Post by Cornishman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:30 am

I wanted to go over to Confolens yesterday, looked at the weather forecast, that said cloudy with no chance of rain so took the bike. After a few minutes a huge grey cloud appeared from the east and the heavens opened. I endured it for about 10 minutes before spotting an open fronted shelter when passing through a village and sat under it until the heavy rain stopped. I carried on in light rain which eventually stopped for the whole time I was in the town. It rained most of the way home. About 8 o’clock my neighbour called and said how they had enjoyed the lovely weather all afternoon and had been out working in the garden in the sunshine.
icon_weather
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

yorkie
Donator
Donator
Great Britain

The weather

Post by yorkie » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:00 am

There is talk about the gulf stream becoming weaker. Worse storms for UK and Europe and hotter summers. If it does drop off, down to Spain will become unliveable and the Sahara will be verdant!

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

The weather

Post by wizzard » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:05 am

I used to spend 3 months in the winter touriing with an old campr van in Spain in Portugal. It was shocking to see how some of the rivers and reservoirs were dry even in winter.

ChrisD
France

The weather

Post by ChrisD » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:08 pm

Just finished two weeks in Madeira, weather unseasonably cool here with mega winds. Bummer!
UTC

kitcarman
England

The weather

Post by kitcarman » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:37 am

Hi all, I went clay pigeon shooting yesterday,cool breeze all the day, some sun here and there, also a light shower on the way back. I saw the first signs of summer, The first group of Harleys at our coffee stop, The first this year, must be the portents of better weather, nature knows best! And no I was crap at the clays. icon_dance

Giscard
Donator
Donator
England

The weather

Post by Giscard » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:49 pm

We had a gaggle of Harley's passing through the Sunday market. Excellent noise which attracted the attention of the bargain hunters. It was spoilt a bit by the one playing la cucaracha incessantly on his horn.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

The weather

Post by wizzard » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:06 pm

Giscard wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:49 pm
We had a gaggle of Harley's passing through the Sunday market. Excellent noise which attracted the attention of the bargain hunters. It was spoilt a bit by the one playing la cucaracha incessantly on his horn.
Argghhh. People with these horns really p*ss me off. My club, virtually all Harleys, has none of that crap - the only music comes out of the exhaust.

Back in the nineties I joined HOG in Scotland, hoping to meet like minded people. The first time I was to meet up with them they were riding slowly up the motorway with air horns, flags waving, and stereos playing "Born to be Wild" and suchlike at full volume. It was a very brief membership.