Dloody cold.

kitcarman
England

Dloody cold.

Post by kitcarman » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:44 am

I don't know if its old age but the cold seems worse at the moment, It seems to make it harder to get going in evenings and mornings, drains all my drive. How about you?

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Dloody cold.

Post by wizzard » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:55 am

Its definitely more attractive to lay in bed than get up at the moment - my g/f misses the luxury of central heating popping on a few hours before she gets up - cant stand central heating myself. Its too cold in the garagesto get anything done, so I'm catching up on all the things indoors that I've been meaning to do for ages, including building a model Harley Shovelhead bobber.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

ShovelHead
Great Britain

Dloody cold.

Post by ShovelHead » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:56 am

-5 this morning out with the dogs at 9.30 am a good walk spotted 3 deer in field makes it all worth while. one of my wishes in my youth
was to attend the elephant rally i be leave it is in Germany and a side car is the best option with the amount of snow

papasmurf
Great Britain

Dloody cold.

Post by papasmurf » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:22 pm

You know it is cold when this happens:-

Giscard
Donator
Donator
England

Dloody cold.

Post by Giscard » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:40 pm

It's cold in the Alps as well. The sea of cloud down the valley gives a nice effect. At least we were in sunshine above the clouds.
Attachments
IMAG1674_BURST002.jpg

Breninfrance
England

Dloody cold.

Post by Breninfrance » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:43 pm

ShovelHead wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:56 am
-5 this morning out with the dogs at 9.30 am a good walk spotted 3 deer in field makes it all worth while. one of my wishes in my youth
was to attend the elephant rally i be leave it is in Germany and a side car is the best option with the amount of snow
ferkin cold here too, if you want a sample of the elephant, the Millevaches is very good, supposed to be the French equivalent, I did it for the first time this year, and I will certainely do it again,

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Dloody cold.

Post by wizzard » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:56 pm

Breninfrance wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:43 pm
ShovelHead wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:56 am
ferkin cold here too, if you want a sample of the elephant, the Millevaches is very good, supposed to be the French equivalent, I did it for the first time this year, and I will certainely do it again,
Shovelhead - the Millevaches would be a lot colder that last weekends manifestation , and camping as well. After going to a bike club camping weekend last November, and freezing my bits off, I'll not be doing that again in a hurry.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

Breninfrance
England

Dloody cold.

Post by Breninfrance » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:01 pm

I did it on a sportster! , many others did it on mobylettes, , the cold killed my phone or I would have some lovely photos :cry:
my favourite was the mobylettes, they clubbed together and made a big camp, complete with pig roast, they impressed me most
the Harleys with the stabilisers made me laugh
many people made rotisierres for pig roasts, and I applaud them all, our camp had a three leg witches cauldron which was cool, (I had no input into it) and many people had tepee tents with stoves inside, and a chimney, small teepees, not the big communal ones
the atmosphere was the most welcoming I have seen for years, and I grew up attending Stonehenge rallies!!!! :shock:
I bumbled from fire to fire, talking shit and chewing the fat! and never once was I turned away, I had a wonderful time
:shock:

Nicky53
France

Dloody cold.

Post by Nicky53 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:13 pm

Love the pic of the polar bear.
We came to the south of France to bask in warm sunshine... well we had sunshine this morning, but the temperature outside the car was -1c. Hoping for some warmth so that we can dust off the cobwebs and get out there :lol:

Breninfrance
England

Dloody cold.

Post by Breninfrance » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:11 pm

Uzes, don't worry it'll warm up soon where you are! it is very rare for it to freeze there