Rain problems

ChrisD
France

Rain problems

Post by ChrisD » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:49 pm

Not sure what it's like elsewhere but the continuous rain here has caused our doors and shutters to swell more than they ever have before. I've had to put a padlock on the garage as I couldn't lock it with the key, everything is out of line and with our front door I've taken 3 of the 5 sliding latch fitments off to enable us to lock that and it's still as tight as hell. I've already broken one door handle trying to get it locked into position. Half the shutters won't pull to so they have improvised catches on. Can't even batten down the hatches! icon_wet icon_weather

UTC

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Rain problems

Post by wizzard » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:14 pm

I'm getting rain blown under the doors on the new garage, and the floor is damp with humidity. Hopefully things will improve soon.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

papasmurf
Great Britain

Rain problems

Post by papasmurf » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:38 pm

I had to take the CX500 Custom sidecar outfit to the mechanics Last Saturday, through force 10 on the Beaufort scale, floods and "persisting" down with rain. I had to bring the outfit back today in very similar conditions.

Cornishman
France

Rain problems

Post by Cornishman » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:26 pm

papasmurf wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:38 pm
I had to take the CX500 Custom sidecar outfit to the mechanics Last Saturday, through force 10 on the Beaufort scale, floods and "persisting" down with rain. I had to bring the outfit back today in very similar conditions.
Life in Cornwall, taking the rough with the smooth. :)
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

Breninfrance
England

Rain problems

Post by Breninfrance » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:49 pm

it has been unseasonably wet, but very mild! it should be minus ten, not ten plus!!
we are concerned about driving the motorhome out of it's Abri, it might just sink into the mud :evil:
we fancied a trip South, but it might be cancelled

Dragon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wales

Rain problems

Post by Dragon » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:54 pm

Not a problem here in the wet lands, .......never stops raining so everything has been swollen for years, icon_dance
We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. we have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything ....................with nothing,

Giscard
Donator
Donator
England

Rain problems

Post by Giscard » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:14 am

Dragon wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:54 pm
Not a problem here in the wet lands, .......never stops raining so everything has been swollen for years, icon_dance
Everything ??? Well up in the Alps we have already had a ridiculous amount of snow. We have about 3 metres on our roof. Unfortunately at the moment it is still snowing and the wind is blowing a hoolie as well. Call me a wimp but it is not the best day to go out skiing.

FrancisBarnett
France

Rain problems

Post by FrancisBarnett » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:01 am

Had to go up on the barn roof yesterday in a fresh gale to screw down a wriggly tin sheet that was clanging loose.
So that's my dose of fresh air for this week!
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Rain problems

Post by wizzard » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:25 am

My OH has spotted blue sky today, so wants to go cycling this afternoon - me on the electric bike of course. Now that I've finished work on the Virago I want to get started on the Cafe Racer Honda. kneedown
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

Breninfrance
England

Rain problems

Post by Breninfrance » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:08 pm

the sun came out today, God I've missed it!!, but rain and flood warnings for tomorrow, I've never seen it so bloody wet, the garden is a mudbath!
very mild though, I'm used to lows of -20c at this time of year, I'm not even having to scrape the windscreen in the morning