Happy New year.

kitcarman
England

Happy New year.

Post by kitcarman » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:36 pm

Hi everyone, Hope you got what you wished for, For Xmas? Now is the time to plan your summer holidays.We are planning a long trip to my favourite countries, Italy.and Spain. Got a great fire going, The house is getting warmer. The chickens, Turkeys, And game birds breathe a sigh of relief. The palava has died down, The sales will be in full swing, as of now. Have a happy and prosperous New Year.Kitcar man

Dragon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wales

Happy New year.

Post by Dragon » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:44 pm

Same to you Boyo, im looking at Sicily around October next year, so long as i dont wake up with a horses head next to me that is, incon_doh
We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. we have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything ....................with nothing,

Breninfrance
England

Happy New year.

Post by Breninfrance » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:08 pm

happy new year to all, I shall be dull and just stay in by the fire and watch TV, I live in the middle of bloody nowhere, there are parties, but frankly, even the worst tv is better,

I've had a really good biking year, covered about 10k on long trips, very few miles pottering around though, but it was really good to get out and cover some miles, I'm hoping to do the same again, so if anybody knows of any good events, I may well visit

my first event is set in stone, it's the bank holiday of accenscion, I have done it for ten years now, but it's a club do for members only, so I cannot invite you, 2cv Andy can come though :roll: but he'll have to join the club

and then maybe showbike at Montalivet, 23-25th June, this is not to everyones taste, it is fucking HUGE, and a bit of a hardly fest, but you should visit it at least once, even if you take the car and watch the spectacle,

ChrisD
France

Happy New year.

Post by ChrisD » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:47 pm

Happy New Year to all. I'll be watching Jules' Hootenanny on my lonesome as my wife is working. My first event will be at Motobreaks welcoming Steph Jeavons as she makes her way home after 4 years of globe trotting. She will then move on to the Ace Cafe where she started.
StephBlog
UTC

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Happy New year.

Post by wizzard » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:06 pm

Breninfrance wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:08 pm

and then maybe showbike at Montalivet, 23-25th June, this is not to everyones taste, it is fucking HUGE, and a bit of a hardly fest, but you should visit it at least once, even if you take the car and watch the spectacle,
I never miss Montalivet (on the bike) - great event and good value for money given the free tee shirt & patch, free pastis for an hour, and good quality bands. I've got a cut covered in the annual patches, but this year (ok, next year) I'll be wearing the cut with my club's patches (no additional patches allowed on that one). It wouldnt be fun taking the car - the beauty of it is that its a BIKE spectacle. The only bit i didnt like this year was the queue for the ferry, pushing the bike along slowly for ages in the heat. Oh yes, and the sun/wind burn on my face and arms - that stung for a while after I got back.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Happy New year.

Post by wizzard » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:08 pm

Happy New Year to all.

icon_Fete2 icon_Fete2

Dieselspanner
Donator
Donator
France

Happy New year.

Post by Dieselspanner » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:27 pm

And one from me, down in the Pyrenees

All the best

Stef

Breninfrance
England

Happy New year.

Post by Breninfrance » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:45 am

wizzard wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:06 pm
Breninfrance wrote:

I never miss Montalivet (on the bike) - great event and good value for money given the free tee shirt & patch, free pastis for an hour, and good quality bands. I've got a cut covered in the annual patches, but this year (ok, next year) I'll be wearing the cut with my club's patches (no additional patches allowed on that one). It wouldnt be fun taking the car - the beauty of it is that its a BIKE spectacle. The only bit i didnt like this year was the queue for the ferry, pushing the bike along slowly for ages in the heat. Oh yes, and the sun/wind burn on my face and arms - that stung for a while after I got back.
the ferry packed with bikes is fantastic isn't it? 8-)
I returned via ferry but went via Bordeaux, so had no traffic issues going

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Happy New year.

Post by wizzard » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:36 am

Breninfrance wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:45 am
wizzard wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:06 pm
Breninfrance wrote:
the ferry packed with bikes is fantastic isn't it? 8-)
I returned via ferry but went via Bordeaux, so had no traffic issues going
The ferry is brilliant, but this year there was a different method for loading cars and bikes, which meant the bikes were queued back for about a km. Progress was slow, so you had to sit boiling in the heat, with the engine off, and then push it forward a few yards and stop again. My Club (French) usually meets with others for a meal in Royan before getting the ferry. The ferry home is a much more relaxed affair.