All on line from now

paul85
France

All on line from now

Post by paul85 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:17 pm

Good evening all. Just brought a bike over from UK abusing our euro buying power.
Got all the paperwork together, as you do, went to the prefecture and the very nice lady said we do not do cert of immatriculation, (carte grise) here now all done on line. Well that one had passed me by. Apparently same for passport driving licenses et al that previously you did at the prefecture.
So returned home ,this was yesterday a.m. I struggled, to tell the truth to get to where I needed to be on the site.
First thing to do is download the ANTS app which is the first half. AGENCE NATIONALE DES TITRES SÉCURISÉS covering permis, passports and certificat de immatriculation. there it tells you what docs you need and further down how to make your application. So, I had scanned the docs ready to do the business so click, as you do and I was presented with the logos Ameli Impots La Poste.
Now of course me being intelligent I thought this is wrong I want a carte grise I do not want to pay any more taxes or get any health care or send a Chronopost parcel but you you need to get into Connect France app and to do that you use your identifiant and password from any of these 3 sites.
At the time there was nothing being indicated on the site so I just clicked on one of the logos my favourite, Impots. Identifant and password and in and off and running scanningall done., hit send. nice little note saying it was received. I called the prefecture and spoke to a charming youg guy and explained that silly old sod like me need to be told that any of these logos get you to where you want to be. This evening there is an updated popup thingy so sometimes people listen..
I am now, according to the automated messaging: Service: Autre demand 08/11/2017 Analyse par le service instructeur

I have been at that stage since yesterday at 1500 hours. It was quicker to wait in the queues. I noticed the staff numbers had not gone down since this Digital leap . Still I have to say" Analyse par le service instructeur " is a lot better than the other state of Rejeter , Abandonnée, Rejetée CERT.
Apparently CERT is the Centre d'Expertise et de Ressources Titres.
So There you have it modernised and still a bit screwed up.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

All on line from now

Post by wizzard » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:59 pm

thats interesting . i was under the impression that registering foreign vehicles would still be handled at the prefecture in the meantime.

keep us up to date n how it goes - i'm in the process of buying (bidding for on ebay) an english bike, which will need to go through FFVE.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

Breninfrance
England

All on line from now

Post by Breninfrance » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:23 pm

I am hoping it will make things "correct", rather than it depending on what the prefecture had for lunch and what sort of mood they are in :evil:

Jamstealer
France

All on line from now

Post by Jamstealer » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:38 pm

ANT has worked fine for me; though I havn't registered any imported vehicles through it; but doing change of ownership and change of address stuff works well enough; it's quite handy as you can do stuff for other people via your own account;

paul85
France

All on line from now

Post by paul85 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:39 pm

When I started on Tuesday WIZZARD the notes on the site directed me to go to the Prefecture with an imported vehicle. On asking the question they said no, on line only.

I am still at:
Service: Autre demand 08/11/2017 Analyse par le service instructeur .

It was definitely quicker with a visit. I have sent all the documents they requested, but I supect they will need more. So I await a request for more docs which I have ready scanned to go.
Don't you just love the challenge.

paul85
France

All on line from now

Post by paul85 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:50 pm

Breninfrance: I suspect the same people are doing the work, the difference being no incoming paper it is already digitized, so they do not have to input and deal with the tons of paper from the old system.
As I have said, I have supplied all the documents they asked for, but I am sure they will ask for copy of driving license and attestation of assurance, which dammit I only thought of after I had hit the send button.
I do not want to make waves by trying to add 2 more documents, I would rather wait.

Cornishman
France

All on line from now

Post by Cornishman » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:02 pm

I know the ANTS site has the links for registering an imported car but I have a feeling that I read that at the moment you have to do it by post not online. Hopefully Paul85 will prove me wrong and it will all work out fine. It’s likely that they will want a copy of your driving licence but, unlike the UK, proving that you have insurance cover has not been part of the registration process.
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

ChrisD
France

All on line from now

Post by ChrisD » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:05 pm

Like Wiz I thought this could still be dealt with by your prefecture or Sous-P. I was hoping to get mine sorted before 1/11/17 just in case but probs with my V5C means I can now only just progress. Got CoC and Quitus Fiscal etc so see what happens when I go to the SP next week.
UTC

nodrog
France

All on line from now

Post by nodrog » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:22 am

icon_Hi ya! Paul

So what did the abuse of the euro buying power secure you this time?

J

Mrbusa
Great Britain

All on line from now

Post by Mrbusa » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi everyone. I know I'm new on here but I'm not new to living in France, I don't work here,claim any social,be a student but I do have a house & pay all the French taxes. So at that point someone somewhere would know we live here & pay our way.
No No No
My wife, who is more articulate with computers than I am. Has just spent at least 20 hrs trying to register my French bike online, filled in, acquired all the crap & got our regular posty to verify who I am. Well today became an even bigger headache because of the following reasons. Apologies for the translation but I'm sure you'll get what they're on about.Hello,

We have just compared your identity to the INSEE database but we do not find you.
To be included in the INSEE database, you must
The user works in France
The user studies in France
The user is treated in France
The user is affiliated to the general scheme (social security)
If you are not in one of these cases, to register a vehicle you must either go through a user who will make the request for you or by a garage PRO SIV who is authorized by the prefecture to apply for registration.
It must be indicated that the request is made for someone else.

Let's be honest here, what happens now with people who have a spare vehicle here for there hols. I know I missed the 6th Nov deadline but nowhere does it say you need all these things to simply register a vehicle. So now I've to find a nice man in business to register my bike on my behalf. Rant over