a very costly forum

2cvandy
Donator
Donator
France

a very costly forum

Post by 2cvandy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:17 pm

Following on from the recent email regarding the future of this forum,,,,,,,,,

I was giving this some serious thought yesterday, whilst driving up to Dinard airport to collect a house guest.
The cruise control was set at a steady 110kph, traffic on the dual carriageway was light, and the road ahead clear.
So my mind wandered onto the sticky subject of the forum, of how to promote more / better posts, of what can be done to stop members falling out quite so publicly when they disagree,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
and I'd love to tell you I came to some brilliant conclusions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
but I guess I'd drifted onto auto pilot, because I suddenly became aware that I was passing a 90kph speed limit sign,,,,,,,,,,,,,
closely followed by a flash from the speed camera positioned a yard or so past the sign, just as I reached to turn off the cruise control.

So having given it some serious thought I've come to the conclusion that this forum is way too costly, at least for me anyway.

icon_wall

It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than ride a fast bike slow,,,,,,,,,,,,,, icon_moped

ChrisD
France

a very costly forum

Post by ChrisD » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:02 pm

You'll have to ask David our Treasurer for compensation, he could do with a good laugh... ;) You should have picked your guest up on the Bullet, no speed issues there.
UTC

Dragon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wales

a very costly forum

Post by Dragon » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:16 pm

But on the bright side.................................thats 400 posts, ...............should work out at about 15 cents a post, icon_yo
We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. we have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything ....................with nothing,

2cvandy
Donator
Donator
France

a very costly forum

Post by 2cvandy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:59 pm

ChrisD wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:02 pm
You should have picked your guest up on the Bullet, no speed issues there.
No pillion seat either,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than ride a fast bike slow,,,,,,,,,,,,,, icon_moped