Old skool flame-painting (B side)

Hal
Ireland

Post by Hal » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:05 pm

I reckon that was a lot of effort, by hand.

I removed rocks of 1/3m3 from the floor with the digger, I'd not have managed it by hand.

Did you put insulation under the garage floor part? I've got around 150mm and steel mesh, which is apparently the recent spec for a garage and means it should support some hefty point loads.

Above this there will be another floor, on 2 RSJs and reinforced concrete sub beams, 'poutrelles', and tablets. This one will probably be insulated under a screed of 2" of concrete for tiling. I'll knock a doorway through from the salon of the house part, then use the 85m² room as general living deck with corner kitchen. There will be a deck out South, the stream side, over the garden, and possibly a conservatory on the East side, both from this new room.

nev
Bangladesh

Post by nev » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:20 pm

Sounds like a nice area will you install wet underfloor heating?

No did not do the insulation under the garage bit as it is open on the long side. I think the spec for garage floors is higher due to the bigger cars that are being thrust upon us but parking spaces are decreasing.

We are going to use ours for an atelier and if I feel brave I will put up a mezzanine but need to work out the beam size for a 5 metre span or I could just ask at the merchants but that is for next year.

Hal
Ireland

Post by Hal » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:55 pm

Wet underfloor...if I finally opt for underfloor.