Jamstealer
France

How to ride fast safely....

Post by Jamstealer » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:48 am

paul85 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:06 pm
I know. :D
icon_yo

( though both IAM And ROSPA Have got a bit " conservative " recently over stuff like offsiding; ( or had about 4 years ago when I last was involved, which was about 4 years ago now. I havn't got the time or inclination to bother to visit UK to update.

john
France

Post by john » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:24 pm

Having done my advanced plus a high speed police riding course, while out on the police course we were told by the instructor on a left hand bend i want to see you as far over on the right as possible meaning the opposite side of the road, when questioned about it he said that will give you the best view around the corner and you will see anything coming in plenty of time to get back over never been that bold but i did learn a tremendous amount plus riding with police motorcyclists it really sharpens you up you basically use all the road there is a police riding video on youtube that really explains it

Giscard
Donator
Donator
England

Post by Giscard » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:20 am

I agree John. I did a course with a police instructor who spent a lot of the time on the "wrong side of the road" to get a better view of what was round the corner and other problems with vision. I said it's ok for you as the police won't stop you. He replied that it is ok to drive on the other side of the road as long as you are not crossing a solid white line or there is something coming towards you etc.