The Future of the Forum.

papasmurf
Great Britain

The Future of the Forum.

Post by papasmurf » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:07 pm

I suggest everyone checks their spam box, that is where the email from the forum to me appeared.

ronalis
England

The Future of the Forum.

Post by ronalis » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:22 pm

I can verify receipt of an email, today, regarding the future of this site/forum. It was sad to read there is a financial issue over the site but also understandable that many people give time and cash to provide this very useful facility and resource.

As I am back in UK now, since Sept 2015, I don't have regular visits to the site but would not like to see it decline or discontinue; that would be very sad.

If I was still living in France I would be happy to contribute/donate for the continuance of this site but I just don't now have the need due to living in the UK again. I would like to send a greeting and very best wishes to admin and all members however.

Dragon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wales

The Future of the Forum.

Post by Dragon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:28 pm

Looks like after the first hundred sent all the rest bounced back into the spam folders, hopefully Mitch can help with this, as we seem to have a limit,
We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. we have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything ....................with nothing,

Jamstealer
France

The Future of the Forum.

Post by Jamstealer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:37 pm

Not in my spam either

ChrisD
France

The Future of the Forum.

Post by ChrisD » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:00 am

Ditto, it's not been spammed or received yet by me. However the forum is coming alive so that's not a bad thing. In case the email has failed then feel free to reply though for obvious reasons we wanted feeback from exmembers as well as current.
UTC

yorkie
Donator
Donator
Great Britain

The Future of the Forum.

Post by yorkie » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:37 am

No email either

divimike
Great Britain

The Future of the Forum.

Post by divimike » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:23 am

The email arrived in my Spam file today. Have been away for two weeks so only just back to reading posts. Will be sharing the trip to Spain when I have managed to put the words together.
Would also be happy to continue to donate as I believe the forum should continue. I have linked up with local members in the past and recently met a new couple to the site who do not reside too far away. I do not post up very often but do read most of the posts that are made.
icon_yo Mike

Hal
Ireland

The Future of the Forum.

Post by Hal » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:33 am

I had no idea we were only allowed to discuss 'bikes and biking' in a section of the forum described as being for 'General chat', but if this is the new policy, I'm sorry, I'd be bored to death on here.

'General chat' sections exist on most sites, ones I use describe their general chat sections as 'creating a pub atmosphere', and in my view anyone who only ever harps on in the same way on the same subject is simply a total bore, and soon gets a reputation as such, and is generally ignored.

The 'pub bore' is a well known and generally avoided figure.

If this forum really can't handle discussions on anything but 'bikes', I for one won't bother continuing to contribute.

Maybe if there's a financial problem, we should know what the hosting and any other costs are, divide by the number of people who feel they can commit to a forum which seems to want to become more restricted and restrictive as time goes by, and those who want "Donator" by their name can cough up the correct amount?

People who can't handle discussions of, say, Linky, can always start their own forum where they can bore each other to death in peace...... :lol:

frankinwales
France

The Future of the Forum.

Post by frankinwales » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:41 am

Good morning Chris.

I received your e-mail thanks..........I also wasn't aware of the lack of funds..

I would be happy to help in a small way financially as I would not want this forum to die.

Best wishes.......Frank

JudgeNutmeg
France

The Future of the Forum.

Post by JudgeNutmeg » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:06 am

Hi. I have just received the e-mail regarding the forum. I am sorry to hear that its future is in some doubt. I have not used the forum for quite some time now. There are two reasons for that. The first is that whilst the majority of contributors here seem to be very pleasant and keen to help other members I have become very tired of seeing posts by a minority (as is usually the case) of people who are very opinionated and react very badly when someone does not share their opinion. I have read some frankly vicious and very personal attacks launched at other members for some of the most trivial reasons. I find that very sad. Most of us were drawn to the forum from a shared interest in motorcycling and our love of France, both those subjects seem to have taken a back seat in favour other more controversial issues.
The second reason is that as others have stated there seems to be little interest on actually organising any rides out or meetings. I’m a member of a couple of French groups who are very enthusiastic and organise rides at least once a month during the summer as well as other activities.
For those reasons, I don’t envisage continuing to use the forum but I do hope that it continues to thrive and that people can find a way of being more open to different views and remember why they joined the forum in the first place.
Ride safe,
Judge Nutmeg.