Jamba
Donator
Donator
France

More fantasy from the Hotel des Impots

Post by Jamba » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:47 am

FrancisBarnett wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:07 pm
But then at the first line of defence at our prefecture carte grise dept, the silly old bag at the reception who checks your pile of paperwork before you get to wait for a hour or so to go to the desk,
In parts of Lorraine now, you cannot turn at the registration centre to get your CG, you have to make an appointment. That applies for imports and domestic re-reg. You can of course post it to them.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Post by wizzard » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:53 am

Jamba wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:47 am
FrancisBarnett wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:07 pm
But then at the first line of defence at our prefecture carte grise dept, the silly old bag at the reception who checks your pile of paperwork before you get to wait for a hour or so to go to the desk,
In parts of Lorraine now, you cannot turn at the registration centre to get your CG, you have to make an appointment. That applies for imports and domestic re-reg. You can of course post it to them.
I've heard that as frm next year the registration is going on-line - that may help sort out some of the differences between regions/departments, but will probably thro up a whole new raft of problems.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

Jamstealer
France

Post by Jamstealer » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:26 am

In Angouleme you have always gone to the accueil first; where the very helphul and knowledgeable staff check your papers, and answer your questions. When you get to the guichet then stuff just a few minutes. Or if there is something that's going to be an issue, they have worked out how to deal with it. On 2 occasions they have phoned DREAL directly to get a correct number which was missing off a V5.

Our local tax office is excellent; you can make an RdV if it's something complex; otherwise it's just a walk in.

BTW, a perfectly acceptable justificativ de domicile is an attestation d'honneur. I have used them twice for people who have arrived and havn't yet got an EDF or other utility bill or contract, or a rental contract.

Jamstealer
France

Post by Jamstealer » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:35 am

wizzard wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:53 am

I've heard that as frm next year the registration is going on-line - that may help sort out some of the differences between regions/departments, but will probably thro up a whole new raft of problems.
You can do loads online already; but first registration and change of ownership still has to be done by paper. ( though you can do change of ownership by dépôt Express). They might have the option to do change of ownership online next year; imports will probably still be by paper for some time.

The carte gris service that is now done by most garagistes is pretty efficient.

Hal
Ireland

Post by Hal » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:48 am

All Prefectoral depts des gartes grise are closing in November this year. It should have been 1st September, but it's been delayed.

The 'service' will be centralised à la DVLA, where it will probably be difficult to speak directly with anyone by phone.

My contacts in our Prefecture are anticipation total chaos....if you have imported anything a bit unusual to register, do it before the change.

papasmurf
Great Britain

Post by papasmurf » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:43 am

I am always amazed by the normally efficient service by the DVLA.
A local lad had purchased a "mail order" new Chinese scooter, from what turned out to be a crook who did a midnight flit.
Where the registration came from was a mystery because it was not from the DVLA.
I only discovered this because the lad asked me for help because he could not get it started. I ended up stripping the scooter down to it basic parts because something just appeared odd about it. It became obvious that the scooter had never had a pre delivery inspection.
Then he told me it was brand new.
When I started it first kick instead of using the electric start he grinned from ear to ear.
I thought the DVLA were going to be difficult. However they had a downloadable form for such problems on the website.
Within a week the lad had a legal scooter.

Hal
Ireland

Post by Hal » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:52 am

I've always found the DVLA very helpful myself, but it was a much better experience when it was easy to actually have a phone conversation.

I had one slight problem with an American market 1976 Yamaha TT500 I'd imported...had to leave it in UK for an MoT, then get a letter from the Vintage Motorcycle Club to say the frame number was a 1976 issue (Yamaha had pulped all pre digital records so were no help)

After it being rejected by one London borough authority twice on spurious grounds (sounds familiar?) it was accepted up North, and I finally received a lovely new UK V5.....for a Minarelli! :roll:

FFS.

I rang and carped a bit and said I imagined the data entry clerk had simply not cleared the fields or something...and twas replaced.
I then used the FFVE route to French registration.

These bikes all had "Not for Highway Use!" warnings on them when new. I had added a period enduro lighting kit and speedometer, and a rear brake light switch and horn, so no reason for it not to have been accepted.

Once on a UK plate it's easy to get a 30+ year old bike plated here.

FrancisBarnett
France

Post by FrancisBarnett » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:01 am

Hal wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:48 am
All Prefectoral depts des gartes grise are closing in November this year. It should have been 1st September, but it's been delayed.

The 'service' will be centralised à la DVLA, where it will probably be difficult to speak directly with anyone by phone.

My contacts in our Prefecture are anticipation total chaos....if you have imported anything a bit unusual to register, do it before the change.
Add to this - as from 1st August 2017 it is no longer possible to have a face-to-face application at our prefecture for replacing or applying for a french permis de conduire, nor to obtain advice by phone or email - at our prefecture at least it's online or by post only.
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.

FrancisBarnett
France

Post by FrancisBarnett » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:12 am

Hal wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:48 am

Do you happen to know where this centralised office will be? Could it be somewhere in Nantes?
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Post by wizzard » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:08 pm

I heard Bordeaux, but not sure how accurate that info was.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................