Leboncoin en panne

Post by Jamstealer » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:20 pm

Clear cache

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nev
Bangladesh

Leboncoin en panne

Post by nev » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:42 pm

Yes a little strange but at least you now know it is browser and not machine or internet specific. It is probable that the browser is not refreshing its cache or DNS.

Not teaching anyone to suck eggs but the cache is where pages are stored locally by the browser and DNS is where the browser gets the address of where the website is which are also stored locally in browser memory.

So how this works is that the browser converts the www.leboncoin.fr to a unique IP address using DNS same as looking up a phone number for e.g. Joe orJane bloggs. The browser then stores this address in the DNS cache to save it looking it up again.

What is possible is that the browser has cached the IP address of the maintenance site for leboncoin.fr site and has not refreshed it for the working or live leboncoin.fr site which is on a different IP address either because it is not honouring the time to live TTL of the DNS record or it is just a bug with the browser (more likely). When using a different browser this gets the correct IP address as the site is up and running et voila no problemo.

What is strange though is that the www2.leboincoin.fr giving the same problem as technically your browser has not used that site.

So what browser is giving you the problem and I will see if I can find the procedure for flushing DNS and cache oh and which browser worked.

I think some people experienced this browser behaviour before with the bike club site disappearing for some and not others.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Leboncoin en panne

Post by wizzard » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:46 am

Thanks for the info Nev. I'm on Firefox. The computer was due to go into my computer lady for updates anyway so I told her the problem and she is going to look at it.
Cheers, Wizz
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

nev
Bangladesh

Leboncoin en panne

Post by nev » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:38 pm

Firefox has caused me problems DNS in the past but later versions seem to have been fixed. Also you could ask your computer friend to set your DNS settings to a public DNS server e.g. Verisign or Google as I have also had problems with the DNS servers that the Orange ADSL routers connect to.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Leboncoin en panne

Post by wizzard » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:31 pm

Thanks Nev - I've sent all the stuff you said off to her, and hopefully it will all be OK in a couple of days. I have a good deal with the computer lady - I service/repair and sell her bikes, and she glues together my tired old laptop, and sources me a great deal when it needs replaced. :roll:

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Leboncoin en panne

Post by wizzard » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:59 am

Well, my computer lady took my laptop away, and spent many, many hours trying to resolve the miriad problems which it seems to attract. After virtually giving up, she took it straight back to 5 years ago when I bought it, and rebuilt it from there, including 5 years worth of Windows updates. Now with extra RAM fitted, its a bit quicker, and I can access BCF no problem, but she never ever wants to see my laptop again!

Jamba
Donator
Donator
France

Leboncoin en panne

Post by Jamba » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:28 am

nev wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:38 pm
set your DNS settings to a public DNS server e.g. Verisign or Google
Been using OpenDNS for a couple of years now.
I use Brave browser mostly. Cuts out most of the spamlinks/spyware.