Another linky thread - someone is not happy with their Linky.

Hal
Ireland

Post by Hal » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:29 pm

Won't piss me off at all!
I'm waiting to see what consumption figures are reported from people I know, in comparison to their records of previous use.

As Dave Ricketts said earlier, in the testing he was involved in in the UK, initially it seemed people were using less power after the meters were fitted. Same in a larger test in Oz.

But by 6 months later, all the reductions had vanished. It was a short term phenomenon caused by people being hyper aware of their usage habits.

As EDF have told us, they will be charging for power we used before, but were NOT charged for, so I can't see any possibility of long term reductions.

Someone I know said the same as John, but was comparing her first Linky bill to an inflated estimated earlier bill.

Wait and see......

If the things really save people money, why do they feel it neccessary to install them by stealth?

richard36
France

Post by richard36 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Jamba wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:38 pm
Varanoir wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:42 pm
and it's only €84 for the 1/4.
I thought it was every 1/6?
C'mon Jamba, don't spoil the thread by using common sense and facts... ;)

papasmurf
Great Britain

Post by papasmurf » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:41 am

A gradual upgrading of household appliances has cut my electricity use by nearly half over the last five years. So I can't see what advantage a "smart meter" would be to me anyway. (Given the faults and problems with them appearing they will fit one to my home over my dead body.)

richard36
France

Post by richard36 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:55 am

papasmurf wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:41 am
A gradual upgrading of household appliances has cut my electricity use by nearly half over the last five years. So I can't see what advantage a "smart meter" would be to me anyway. (Given the faults and problems with them appearing they will fit one to my home over my dead body.)
Well said that man! We replaced a freezer week before last that appeared to be on more than it was off, I replaced it with a chest freezer that was marked A++. My OH thinks something is suspicious though and won't go near it, :roll: now I have my trusty quick cutting trail saw...