Another linky thread - someone is not happy with their Linky.

Hal
Ireland

Post by Hal » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:40 pm

It seems EDRF's debt for 2017 is already around 70 billion euros, (double the rate of 2015 and 2016) so it's not hard to work out why they are rewriting the law to install their stupid meters illegally and upsetting the voters....they need to claw back as much cash as possible, however possible,( by selling data) to cover the fiscal hole they created by opting for 'free nuclear power' in the 1960s without the mandatory public discussion.

EDF tried to supplant the State. Now, the chickens have come home to roost, they need to decommission the nuclear reactors, and catch up on 30 years neglect in not investing in renewables..as Germany has

Let it suffer the consequences!

Welcome to the 21st century....rule by multinationals.

Jamba
Donator
Donator
France

Post by Jamba » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:01 pm

Hal wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:40 pm
they need to decommission the nuclear reactors, and catch up on 30 years neglect in not investing in renewables..
Disagree. They need more nuclear but not the old tech type. They should develop the salt/borillium units.
"renewables" will never cope with demand. They are just an appeasement.

Hal
Ireland

Post by Hal » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:17 pm

I beg to differ.

Scotland...130% renewable energy.

Germany heading for 40% renewable.

It's the future...

Jamstealer
France

Post by Jamstealer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:46 pm

Unusually () I agree with Hal. Renewables is suddenly turning a corner. Solar is about to become very cheap; properly managed wind is becoming viable; 100% renewable is now actually becoming viable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrancisBarnett
France

Post by FrancisBarnett » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:27 pm

viablenuclear.JPG
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.

Hal
Ireland

Post by Hal » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:19 pm

Jamstealer wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:46 pm
Unusually () I agree with Hal. Renewables is suddenly turning a corner. Solar is about to become very cheap; properly managed wind is becoming viable; 100% renewable is now actually becoming viable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dear god, can't have that! :mrgreen:

Here's something we can be on opposite sides about....
1/ The tiny commune of Tarnos, near Pau, which courageously voted to refuse to allow Enedis to remove their perfectly functioning meters on the grounds that they are the property of the commune (they are, and have been, since 1903) have had a slight knock back as a judgess at the Tribunale Administrative has effectively said (provisionally) that the Prefecture are right.

No reason given for this 180° reversal of a 114 year old French law.

as Stephane Lhomme commented.. << Il ne faut en effet pas oublier qu'il s'agit d'un simple référé, la délibération est juste suspendue dans l'attente du jugement de fond.
On notera que la juge donne simplement raison à la préfecture, sans la moindre justification. Un peu comme une personne sous une pluie battante qui dirait "il fait beau">>

2/ Stéphane Lhomme himself is now being sued for 'defamation' by the man who is behind "Que Choisir". This promises to be an interesting case, as all Stéphane has done is quote the truth on his own website.

Again, quoting Stéphane... <<me voilà donc convoqué pour une première mise en examen (cf ci-dessous) suite à la plainte du chargé de mission d'UFC-QueChoisir, le dénommé Nicolas Mouchnino, le type qui raconte partout qu' "on ne peut pas refuser le linky."

Suivront très probablement deux autres mises en examen pour la plainte de la "journaliste" (c'est un bien grand mot) de l'UFC-QC Elisabeth Chesnais, puis la plainte de l'UFC-QC en tant que telle.>>

Ca commence à chauffer!!!

Varanoir
Donator
Donator
France

Post by Varanoir » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:42 pm

I must be the only one in France ( or perhaps here) that is mightily impressed with the whole thing. I can look at my consumption on line in my account when i want to, and it's up to date an accurate, not a guestimate, and I seem to be using a lot less electricity. ( maybe my old meter was fautly!) Just had my latest bill in this morning, and it's only €84 for the 1/4. That's 30 % less than last year, and I haven't been scrimping or away from home.
''It is better to walk alone than with a crowd going in the wrong direction.'' _ Herman Siu

Cornishman
France

Post by Cornishman » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:00 pm

Come on John, don't spoil the thread by using common sense and facts.
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

Jamba
Donator
Donator
France

Post by Jamba » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:38 pm

Varanoir wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:42 pm
and it's only €84 for the 1/4.
I thought it was every 1/6?

Dragon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wales

Post by Dragon » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:46 pm

Varanoir wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:42 pm
I must be the only one in France ( or perhaps here) that is mightily impressed with the whole thing. I can look at my consumption on line in my account when i want to, and it's up to date an accurate, not a guestimate, and I seem to be using a lot less electricity. ( maybe my old meter was fautly!) Just had my latest bill in this morning, and it's only €84 for the 1/4. That's 30 % less than last year, and I haven't been scrimping or away from home.
Nice one John, this will piss Hal off, .............Viva la Linky, icon_thumbup icon_thatsfunny
We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. we have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything ....................with nothing,