deleted thread

ChrisD
France

deleted thread

Post by ChrisD » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:19 am

I've just deleted FB's thread because of the contentious nature. As you are all aware the forum is going through a difficult period. We are all adults (at least we assume you are) so Admin (what's left of us) has tried to allow a bit of leeway on posts but it doesn't seem to be working. We've even had disagreement ourselves (Admin) and one Admin member has resigned because he thinks we are too PC). Anyway enough is enough, this is a biking forum and if anyone wants to talk bollox on political, religious and racists issues please use another forum. If anyone wants to join the Admin team please just PM Gwyn/Dragon as me and Dave want to jack it in. This forum won't last another 6 months the way it is going. icon_chop

UTC

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

deleted thread

Post by wizzard » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:10 am

PM'd you Chris
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

kitcarman
England

deleted thread

Post by kitcarman » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:31 pm

Sorry that you found my last posting out of order, It was not meant to be. I really was looking for ideas, And portugal icon_thanks it is.

2cvandy
Donator
Donator
France

deleted thread

Post by 2cvandy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:51 pm

Hi Chris,
not sure what the answer is tbh,
Having served on the national committee of a classic car club in the UK for over a decade I do know what a thankless task running any group for the benefit of others can be.
But recently we have seen a moderator and an admin throwing insults around on the open forum.
It's only my opinion of course, but that can't be a good thing, when the folk who are policing the forum are adding to the problem.

But for you personally?
I would say that if you are ready to jack it in then walk away, it's only a forum, it's not real life, I wouldn't loose sleep over it.
Bon chance.
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than ride a fast bike slow,,,,,,,,,,,,,, icon_moped

Varanoir
Donator
Donator
France

deleted thread

Post by Varanoir » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:14 am

Sad state of affairs. Forum management is one place where you are everyones friend and no -ones friend, and keeping a fair but firm hand on things is not an easy juggling experience. The only judgements that can be made by the management team are against the rules, there is no room for personal opinion on any subject. It may be that the rules need tightening up. The forum has been running for just over a year now, and perhaps the team should review them. The current forum rules were put together quickly because Gwyn, Dave R and I had very little time to sort out the change over when the old forum closed down. It has not been an easy ride because there have been major distractions with global events which have unfortunately ''taken over'' a lot of peoples lives, and where strong and opposing opinion has been voiced here where it should have perhaps been voiced elsewhere. As an old stager my advice would be to review and update posting rules, and be bloody ruthless in applying them. Those who don't like it will naturally gravitate elsewhere and the core values and spirit should return.
''It is better to walk alone than with a crowd going in the wrong direction.'' _ Herman Siu

Dieselspanner
Donator
Donator
France

deleted thread

Post by Dieselspanner » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:38 pm

Well said, Varanoir.

And as Andy said, it's not real life but it's a shame that something that is run for the benefit of all is dischuffing one of the folk who do the work the rest of us won't.

Stef