There's no logic

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

There's no logic

Post by wizzard » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:26 pm

Yesterday I passed two petrol stations within 400 metres of each other. One was selling diesel for over 12 cents per litre more than the other, and petrol was similarly more expensive. The cheaper station only had a couple of cars filling up, but the expensive station had a queue. This isnt the first time I've seen this happening, but for the life of me I cant work out why. :?: :?:

Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

kitcarman
England

There's no logic

Post by kitcarman » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:49 pm

I go for a named brand, even if it cost more. I have had to have two cars drained and flushed out. The cause was cheap fuel. I have only used a named brand and no further problems.It cost a pretty penny, hence the choice. incon_doh

Varanoir
Donator
Donator
France

There's no logic

Post by Varanoir » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:41 pm

There is also loyalty and perhaps keeping the small business going. As an example near us wizz, The supermarche in St Mathieu and the Quincaillerie on the Montbron Road. Both sell Diesel and Petrol but the quincaillerie is at least 10c per litre more expensive. The quincaillerie does very well with the local trade at one of the village. There is also the age old interest of who is serving behind the counter!
''It is better to walk alone than with a crowd going in the wrong direction.'' _ Herman Siu

Jamstealer
France

There's no logic

Post by Jamstealer » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:58 pm

Personal Loyalty . Plus people still believe the nonsense that the expensive stuff is better than the cheap supermarket stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornishman
France

There's no logic

Post by Cornishman » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:38 am

It always makes me wonder where people like kitcarman think supermarkets get their fuel from. Give me fuelmthat is sold by a supermarket with a huge turnover and regular deliveries over a one horse back woods garage any day.
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

There's no logic

Post by wizzard » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:53 am

My father believed that cheaper priced garages "watered down" their fuel to enable them to sell it cheaper. No amount of persuasion could make him believe otherwise. :roll:
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

melvin
Great Britain

There's no logic

Post by melvin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:08 am

I have always used the Supermarket fuel, diesel and petrol,in my bikes and cars no problems so far (touching wood now),my riding buddy would rather run out than put non branded fuel in his K1600.
I paid £1.12.9 yesterday at ASDA and passed a filling station on the way which was £1.25.9 for diesel.