Val de Vienne

Cornishman
France

Val de Vienne

Post by Cornishman » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:49 am

I ended up going to the 500 Ferraris Contre Le Cancer event at the Val de Vienne track twice at the weekend. On Saturday it was as part of the 100 Populaires Contre Le Cancer which was a road trip from Lezay in the Deux Severes to Le Vigeant and two and a half circuits of the track. That was a good event despite the grey miserable weather conditions but, if you're in the market for a track day car avoid cars with three speed non synchromesh gearboxes, five inch wide cross ply tyres, mechanical brakes and cart springs. Many other cars are more suitable. On a Sunday I rode up on the Honda to look at the exotica in the main event. It really is an impressive way to raise money for charity.

Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Val de Vienne

Post by wizzard » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:00 am

I bet your car got a lot of attention, whereas , another red Ferrari is just another red Ferrari.................. icon_thumbup
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

Cornishman
France

Val de Vienne

Post by Cornishman » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:12 am

Some of those cars, like the F40 in the photo, will never be just another red Ferrari. Quite a few Sevens of one sort or another too.
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Val de Vienne

Post by wizzard » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:57 am

Last time I went to the Ferrari day, this is what I fell in lust with....................
green sporty 010.JPG
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................